Hybrid or mungrel

savage

I posted here as it won't let me ask a tech.

Would a skoda fabia vrs engine fit into a felicia diesl car?

How difficult would it be?

Just a wild thought as my nephew has just bought a top of the range corsa and had the top of the five engines offered and wanted to show him that a £26k corsa ain't that much better than a skoda.

The top Corsa is the VXR at around £16k?

And if that's what you meant, it would still be better than your skoda!

Not when you add all the stupid bits on and the enginge hes had.

I will find out the engine but I know it's not meant to go in it as they assumed it would but they are designing new exhausts for it as the one they tried to use won't fit.

You need to pay for Freedom membership to post new threads in "Ask a Tech". I'd say that this thread would be best placed in Favorit, Felly et al myself.

Now for your question about the engine - I don't know of anyone who's done it, and you'd need a fair bit of the Furbie's electronics (but there's plenty of inverted Furbie vRS out there with good motors and boxes) but AwesomeGTi put a VR6 engine in a Felly, so a wee thing like a 1.9PD will fit (I think the block and head are at least the same size as on the Felly 1.9D [non-turbo]).

If it is indeed the VXR you'd be better off shoehorning a 1.8T petrol engine into a Felly. 180bhp as standard if you use the engine fitted in the Mk1 Octavia VRS which would make it a match for the Corsa being as the Felly would probably weigh a bit less. Or you could put the 225bhp BAM engine in out of an Audi S3 or Leon Cupra R and wipe the floor with the Corsa. Loads of people have gone down this route with Mk1 and Mk2 VW Golfs. The Fabia VRS engine is quite a heavy diesel lump and while it's torquey it's only 130bhp as standard (or 150 in the later models IIRC?)

Edited by chicken_eyebrow

• 2 weeks later...

As he can not get insurance for the corsa the dealership has agreed to give him back his money so he can buy another car from them instead (as it was still on order). Sore subject.

Still interested in the possabilities of a felicia rs and how it could be done.

What engine? The VXR has a1.6T which is about 190bhp and fecking rapid!

I can second that!

My 2.0T Astra Coupe didn't hang about for a big car, and the Corsa weights alot less!

With almost as much power!

my friend had a corsa vxr it was too smooth for my liking wasnt aggressive enuff so he got a full exhaust system and induction kit and got it mapped, and what a diffrent car it was a animal. it was rollin roaded around the 250 mark

dave

was this whole thing a wind up? Vauxhall fitting a non-standard engine to a Corsa as it goes down the production line? ~10 grands worth of options? and then the order is cancelled cos he can't afford the insurance...

Sounds like it to me!

was this whole thing a wind up? Vauxhall fitting a non-standard engine to a Corsa as it goes down the production line? ~10 grands worth of options? and then the order is cancelled cos he can't afford the insurance...

He can afford the insurance the problem is he can't get anyone to insure him.

And yes car dealers can change things on cars even engines.

Edited by savage

He can afford the insurance the problem is he can't get anyone to insure him.

And yes car dealers can change things on cars even engines.

How can he afford insurance that no one will provide him? Without a figure you can't really say?! :D

Yes car dealers do offer different engines, for EG he could have got a nice little 1.2 engine instead of the 1.6T ;)

How can he afford insurance that no one will provide him? Without a figure you can't really say?! :D

Yes car dealers do offer different engines, for EG he could have got a nice little 1.2 engine instead of the 1.6T ;)

I'm quite sure you knew what I meant. He could afford most reasonible figures, he paid well in the four figure bracket for his last insurance without blinking.

A 1.2 is not really his style.