replacing fuel filter

Can anyone tell me the correct way of replacing the fuel filter. Aren't sure if its best to run the engine first then remove the fuel pump fuse and let the engine die.... or to remove the fuel pump fuse first then turn the engine over to help release the pressure. Or if it matters which way at all!!!

When i replaced mine last week i just released any preasure by opening the fuel cap then re fitting it then i just replaced the filter as normal(undo retaining clip then remove each pipe)i had a container underneath to catch any fuel & a put a bung over each end of the filter after i had released each pipe(to avoid spilling fuel everywhere!) quite a easy job. only problems i had was the retaining clip was seized & broke when i tried to remove it so i replaced it with a jubalie(?) clip. :)

I removed the fuse then ran the engine up. Just watch the clips on the filter as one of mine snapped off the pipe and you have to buy all three pipes at 60 quid. Not a difficult job to replace them but an expensive filter change

Can anyone tell me the correct way of replacing the fuel filter. Aren't sure if its best to run the engine first then remove the fuel pump fuse and let the engine die.... or to remove the fuel pump fuse first then turn the engine over to help release the pressure. Or if it matters which way at all!!!

Straightforward job,no real need to be concerned with pressure.Container and rags all that is necessary.Sometimes "push-Fit" connectors need WD40 spray before they prise off!

Brendan.

Straightforward job,no real need to be concerned with pressure.Container and rags all that is necessary.Sometimes "push-Fit" connectors need WD40 spray before they prise off!

Brendan.

Thanks Brendan. The world would be a more complicated place without WD40!