VRS mudlfaps

Not on my vRS they're not.

There are several threads on mudflaps. The summary is that standard Octavia front mudflaps (part no. KEA600002) fit vRS fine. Standard octavia rear mudflaps (KEA600001) can be made to fit. The other week I noticed on the skoda website that rear mudflaps are now standard on the vRS. As yet, I've been unable to get a part number so don't know if they're just fitting the normal ones (KEA600001) or specific vRS ones.

Sarge.

Not arguing Sarge, just saying they're not standard on my vRS and mine was only delivered 2 weeks ago.

I think it's a very new thing. It's literally only for a week or ten days that they've been listed on the skoda website. I'm hoping to get my vRS :thumbup: next weekend and don't expect it to have them. I presume it'll only apply to those vRS being ordered now.

Sarge.

The initial Octavia II Vrs did not have rear mud flaps available for it due to the unique design/shape of the rear bumper; however OE accessory mudflaps could be made to fit with a degree of application.

I understand though that with the 'facelift model the rear bumper is the same/similar on all models (similar to initial vRS) and that there are no official accessory mudflaps available.

You could as an alternative, if you are feeling a bit racey, get a set of ralyFlapz as here;- http://www.rallyflapz.co.uk/version_full.php?hdnVersionID=438 or here;- http://www.performancecreations.co.uk/skoda-octavia-vrs-rallyflapz-mud-flaps-x-4-blue-242-p.asp

Good luck.

Not on my vRS they're not.

The ŠkodaOctavia

Recommended Retail Price List

and Technical Specification

Effective 1st January 2010

Page 4 of the above publication " The Skoda Octavia S" shows that rear mud flaps are provided as standard.

Page 11 of the above publication " The Skoda Octavia vRS" - Standard Equipment (over S)

Which implies that the vRS has all the S features plus the additional listed ones.

Which of course means that they are now provided on all vRS's ordered against this catalog.

It could well be that earlier vRS's did not in fact provide rear mud flaps as standard.

The ŠkodaOctavia

Recommended Retail Price List

and Technical Specification

Effective 1st January 2010

Page 4 of the above publication " The Skoda Octavia S" shows that rear mud flaps are provided as standard.

Page 11 of the above publication " The Skoda Octavia vRS" - Standard Equipment (over S)

Which implies that the vRS has all the S features plus the additional listed ones.

Which of course means that they are now provided on all vRS's ordered against this catalog.

It could well be that earlier vRS's did not in fact provide rear mud flaps as standard.

It could also mean the brochure is wrong... Wouldn't be the first time :S

My September brochure said the same, and my vRS didn't come with rear mudflaps either, no great loss as far as I'm concerned

Edited by Raglits

Perhaps but they do save the paintwork!

I can't remember the last time I had a car with mudflaps and the paintwork on the rear wing/bumper has never been an issue, now, if they could sort out a bonnet that doesn't get stonechips...

I can't remember the last time I had a car with mudflaps and the paintwork on the rear wing/bumper has never been an issue, now, if they could sort out a bonnet that doesn't get stonechips...

You need one of those bra things for that...and they DO look rubbish.

Nope, paintwork on the rear wing bumpoer isn't an issue but I reckon anybody who doesn't fit front mudflaps needs their head seeing tooemoticon-0136-giggle.gif

The ones for the octy are quite small anyway compared to some others and they do lower the car visually!

I drive on some shocking country roads and need the things!

My fl vrs didnt arrive with front or rear mudflaps..ordered and fitted myself in no time..fronts easy with full lock but rears took a little longer due to 18 inch wheels.Tar spots seem to be the worst offenders at the moment !!

• 10 months later...

I think it's a very new thing. It's literally only for a week or ten days that they've been listed on the skoda website. I'm hoping to get my vRS :thumbup: next weekend and don't expect it to have them. I presume it'll only apply to those vRS being ordered now.

Sarge.

Nope - took delivery of my vRS in January 2011 and no mudflaps front or rear.

Rich