First 10k mile service question

My Fabia is due its first 10k service soon, its only done around 6300 miles now but am off to Spain soon and its a round trip of 2800 miles plus general days out so will be due when we get back. Now according to the book its every 10k miles but the dash display is saying its due in around 3100 miles which makes a service due at around 9400 miles. Why is that?

If I go a bit over 10k will that matter too much too? Thanks.

My Fabia is due its first 10k service soon. Now according to the book its every 10k miles but the dash display is saying its due in around 3100 miles which makes a service due at around 9400 miles. Why is that?

Mine said the 10k service was due at about the same mileage - I think it's something to do with the service indicator being set for the KM distance then translating it into miles.

Booked it in to the dealer for service when I'd done 9,700 miles. It had actually done 10,200 on service day and the dealer didn't say anything about it being slightly over.

For what it's worth, the service cost £104.95.

Interestingly they notice a problem with the headlight wiring which I was totally unaware of (despite driving at night at least 4 times a week for 6 months since I got the acr in september 2009) which is being fixed under warranty. Apparently one of the wires for one of the headlights had been rubbing on something and the light was only working intermittently.

It strikes me as odd that this fault should suddenly appear at the service having not shown any evidence whatsoever the night before when I had been driving in the dark...

My Fabia is due its first 10k service soon, its only done around 6300 miles now but am off to Spain soon and its a round trip of 2800 miles plus general days out so will be due when we get back. Now according to the book its every 10k miles but the dash display is saying its due in around 3100 miles which makes a service due at around 9400 miles. Why is that?

1st service is due at 15,000 km, that works out at 9,320 miles. That's why your dash display is saying 9,400.

Well, the dealer said its 10k miles and in my book they have wriiten that its due at 10k miles so thats when itll happen. Otherwise Itll have to be serviced before our trip, meaning at 6400 miles... and Im not doing that.

Im totally confused by the Skoda dealers Ive contacted... Ive got three quotes of £133 where it takes 1 1/2 hours to service the car, one of £119 and one of £70 from the dealer I bought it from and they say its an 1/2 hour job!

So whos right here... the nearest is the most expensive but double the supplying dealer!

Im totally confused by the Skoda dealers Ive contacted... Ive got three quotes of £133 where it takes 1 1/2 hours to service the car, one of £119 and one of £70 from the dealer I bought it from and they say its an 1/2 hour job!

So whos right here... the nearest is the most expensive but double the supplying dealer!

Have a look at your service book as to what is required for the 10k service. If it's the same as my 1.9 diesel all that is required at 10k is an oil and filter change and resetting the service display. I'm pretty sure some dealers will also try and charge for an inspection service which for my model isn't needed until 20k.

It sounds like your supplying dealer is just doing what is required as it's only a half hour job. So long as he stamps the book that's all that's needed to keep the warranty valid.