Turn Signals

drbig

Having collected my car from a warranty repair to the headlights (xenon fault).

The dealer warned me about replacing the Indicator bulbs. It will be around 32p for the bulb and around £84 to fit as its dealer only fitting.

Not sure if that is for all yeti's or the only ones with xenon's fitted.

Hi,

as daft as it sounds you have to remove the bumper and headlight to change an indicator bulb.

You also need a bulb kit from the dealer, as this contains not only a new bulb but a new access cover 'O' ring seal and screws to replace the platic cover that has to be 'broken' off the back of the headlight unit to get to the inicator bulb plug on the first occasion. This applys to both types of headlight.

Regards,

TP

Hi,

as daft as it sounds you have to remove the bumper and headlight to change an indicator bulb.

You also need a bulb kit from the dealer, as this contains not only a new bulb but a new access cover 'O' ring seal and screws to replace the platic cover that has to be 'broken' off the back of the headlight unit to get to the inicator bulb plug on the first occasion. This applys to both types of headlight.

Regards,

TP

Just mad not somthing you think to ask when getting a new car

Use our indicators every other turn so they will last twice as long and we will get the equivalent of two bulb changes for £84.:rofl:

Or like many drivers around my patch don't use them at all, save loads of money then :giggle::giggle:

Are hand signals still legal?

There are some very good ones in The Real Highway Code

Included also are offensive hand signals and gestures and rules for annoying other road users :)

I loved the discussion in the House of Lords on this matter

My noble friend Lord Teynham, when I was discussing this subject with him to-day (I am sorry he is not here to bear this out), said that hand signals are never used now; that no driver wants to open his window, particularly in cold weather. That, I admit, is so. On the other hand, I should have thought that with this stop signal he would not mind so much, because in any case he is going to open the door and get out into the cold himself. Therefore, I should have thought it would not be such a great sacrifice for a driver to lower his window and give a stop sign.

They get paid and need to fiddle expenses as well!!!!

http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/lords/1969/may/22/highway-code-and-drivers-hand-signals

Edited by Y4YETI