Climate Control VRS

Hello all :)

Am I right in thinking that the VRS's without climate you see on Autotrader etc are imports ?

Also whats the difference between the ICE on this (http://www.supercar.co.uk/ContentDelivery/VehicleImage.axd?OfficeId=1&VehicleId=600930471&View=2&Width=479&Height=319&DefaultImage=skoda&UC=2) and this

(http://www.supercar.co.uk/ContentDelivery/VehicleImage.axd?OfficeId=1&VehicleId=600882342&View=2&Width=479&Height=319&DefaultImage=skoda&UC=2)

After 1 year of DERV tedium I need my hissing beast VRS back ;-)

The one with the bigger screen looks like the Satnav head unit, the other one is the standard unit. Both have the same climate control by the looks of it...

The one with the bigger screen looks like the Satnav head unit, the other one is the standard unit. Both have the same climate control by the looks of it...

Thouht that was the case.

I thought all UK VRS's had climate, but I have seen a few like this:

http://www.supercar.co.uk/ContentDelivery/VehicleImage.axd?OfficeId=1&VehicleId=600923723&View=2&Width=479&Height=319&DefaultImage=skoda&UC=2

It looks like those are older cars as the sat nav unit looks like the MFD2 not the columbus, also it looks like the car in the picture only has front electric windows, making it a pre 2008 car IIRC.

It looks like those are older cars as the sat nav unit looks like the MFD2 not the columbus, also it looks like the car in the picture only has front electric windows, making it a pre 2008 car IIRC.

Still, they all word have climate if UK spec would they not ?

Climate control was an optional extra up to around 56 plates. I think from 07 it became a free upgrade (along with 18" alloys) and is now standard. The climate control option also came with the rear electric rear windows and the jumbo box. So if it does not have climate it will not have rear electric window or the armrest/jumbo box between the front sheets. But they are all proper UK cars.

• 3 weeks later...

Climate control was an optional extra up to around 56 plates. I think from 07 it became a free upgrade (along with 18" alloys) and is now standard. The climate control option also came with the rear electric rear windows and the jumbo box. So if it does not have climate it will not have rear electric window or the armrest/jumbo box between the front sheets. But they are all proper UK cars.

Interesting, thanks :)

S

I thought they all had climate control as well but my 56 plate VRS doesn't, no rear electric windows or jumbo box either. I'd have liked to have the rear electric windows but I don't like climate control nor boxes behind the handbrake so I'm not too bothered about my car not having the pack.

John

I believe it was around June 2007 that the vRS had a few things added to "standard specification".

Climate Control over Standard AC

Rear Electric Windows

Jumbo Box

18" Zenith's over 17" Zenith's.

My car is a 56 from January 2007.

It's a UK purchase and only has AC, manual rear windows, no jumbo box and 17" Zenith's

It's still however a UK purchased vehicle.

The colour of the caliper's is not a true indicator.

Mine has red caliper's - although everyone else who has a car from around the same time as me has green.

All very odd.

I believe it was around June 2007 that the vRS had a few things added to "standard specification".

Climate Control over Standard AC

Rear Electric Windows

Jumbo Box

18" Zenith's over 17" Zenith's.

My car is a 56 from January 2007.

It's a UK purchase and only has AC, manual rear windows, no jumbo box and 17" Zenith's

It's still however a UK purchased vehicle.

The colour of the caliper's is not a true indicator.

Mine has red caliper's - although everyone else who has a car from around the same time as me has green.

All very odd.

I've noticed that, I have red calipers as well even though it looks like from reading around here they should be green. There's also no Octavia badge on the boot although I don't know if that's specific to my car or not.

John

My 56 plate has red brakes too. I think around this time they were changing over so some will be green and others red.

JohnMcL7: It sounds like the previous owner has removed the Octavia badge as this should be on there.

I've often wondered about year specific specs - Mine's a 56 plate Vrs estate and has ;

Green calipers, 18" zeniths, climate, jumbo box, rear electric windows and cruise control but no multi cd or aux in socket for an ipod/mp3 player.

After reading about specs on other peoples cars I wonder whether there actualy is such a thing as a basic spec on an Octavia!

Edited by Longdog