Bung/Grommet In Front Passenger Footwell?

Following my post on the 24th March ‘Water Ingress - But Only When Driving In The Rain’ I have conducted many tests and believe that I may have narrowed it down to the following.

Under the front passenger carpet there is a circular black plastic bung/grommet in the floor which is approximately 3-4cm in diameter. Using newspaper around the front passenger foot well all is dry except the paper placed over this bung/grommet?

Does anyone know what this bung/grommet is? If this is the offending source of water ingress can I just reseal it?

Regards

Stu

Following my post on the 24th March ‘Water Ingress - But Only When Driving In The Rain’ I have conducted many tests and believe that I may have narrowed it down to the following.

Under the front passenger carpet there is a circular black plastic bung/grommet in the floor which is approximately 3-4cm in diameter. Using newspaper around the front passenger foot well all is dry except the paper placed over this bung/grommet?

Does anyone know what this bung/grommet is? If this is the offending source of water ingress can I just reseal it?

Regards

Stu

Ah, that would be for the passenger ejector seat mechanism power feed........emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

If you look in the driver footwell you will probably see what it would have been used for had your car been built for left hand drive. I am guessing of course but its probably a blanking plug.