Carbon Grill surround - opinions please

I got the idea from a gr666 on here.

yes indeedy. I had the first di-noc carbon grilled black furby on here I think.

Had to do something different with the badge too to complete the look.

By the way Duncan, we're all fair and square now cos I counter-nicked your idea to paint the V badge black. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I also fly-eyed the front fogs. Here's a pic of mine taken last weekend :thumbup:post-38897-12718355258465_thumb.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noticed you've removed your front fogs. Do you have any close up pics of the bumper without the fogs mate?

me?

Nope, they're still in there. Just tinted with fly eyes kit.

Noticed you've removed your front fogs. Do you have any close up pics of the bumper without the fogs mate?

I have placed a small sheet of carbon fiber (not vinyl) here so that the electric steering pump and ancillaries do not get wet !! (sorry for blurry image)

21042010261.jpg

The mesh was put here to prevent damage to the intercooler while increasing flow

21042010262.jpg

:p just be careful with the wheels and the blades they get a bit tight in the corners :thumbup:

Did you find it easy to remove the vents ? ...or did you do 'em in situ ?

Jonathan

Did you find it easy to remove the vents ? ...or did you do 'em in situ ?

Jonathan

took the vents out! I used a blunt knife popped em out slowly from under and then did it for the top. they do come out but be carefull! haha! they can be a bit brittle sometimes. as I found out on my old 2.0 :)

Edited by Leon-y-k

i have my mirrors done with this stuff it is fantastic people actually think its real carbon it has texture to it its mint, i was going to do my bonnet and roof but funds are on a all time low lol damn recesion .........or thats right it was just gordon brown shafting me again :giggle:

When you get the funds Id def recommend the roof, not sure if bonnet would be to much though. I fitted mine in Oct last year and it still looks as good as the day I fitted it,

P1000588.jpg

P1000587.jpg

When you get the funds Id def recommend the roof, not sure if bonnet would be to much though. I fitted mine in Oct last year and it still looks as good as the day I fitted it,

P1000588.jpg

HOW COOL WOULD THAT LOOK ON A SILVER ONE TOO !! B) B)

Does look good ... B)

You see i would be paranoid that it would start to lift & Bubble in the Sun .......

Dean

Unlikely, cos when you put the hairdryer on it to heat it up during fitting it shrinks ever so slightly , so once its on..... ITS ON !!!...

You can pick at it and remove it this way though if you get bored of it, but heat will not make it bubble, its would just make it hug tighter. :thumbup:

Edited by vrsjon

Hey BlueVRS2

My VRS Knob was on the car when I bought it... I thought they all had one ?

Never actually looked inside a Furby VRS , but i know someone with one so i will ask them .< Mines Octavia VRS, and they Dont have them > B)