Loud hissing when boosting?

My engine has started to do this but only after it had been remapped, standard it never used to make much noise.

It could be completely normal but when my 1.9TDi PD did this, 30 miles later the boost hose popped off :(

But iv done a few thousand now with the remap and its still in piece :)

My engine has started to do this but only after it had been remapped, standard it never used to make much noise.

It could be completely normal but when my 1.9TDi PD did this, 30 miles later the boost hose popped off :(

But iv done a few thousand now with the remap and its still in piece :)

If its like the petrol version it's very unlikely it will pop off because it's a different design to how they used to be. However there is an o ring inside which can fail as they get older. The tell tale sign is oil around the coupling. I would check all the hoses from the turbo through the intercooler to the throttle body.

If its like the petrol version it's very unlikely it will pop off because it's a different design to how they used to be. However there is an o ring inside which can fail as they get older. The tell tale sign is oil around the coupling. I would check all the hoses from the turbo through the intercooler to the throttle body.

We're on about diesels, iv never heard of the petrol boost hose coming off but diesel is rather common.

• 2 weeks later...

might have to check my hoses, my 20tdi 140 started making a kind of whissling when accelerating, only started tuesday, but car is in for its service friday so will get them to check it out as i only know where to put oil and windscreen washer fluid lol.

hope its not anything else, just out of warranty at 64k.

Mine had only dont 40k miles and it had had an oil hose replaced, the previous owner had this done at the local skoda dealership so obviously these hoses dont have a long life. Could one of these possibly cause a slight hiss?