Ash adventures!

I've heard from a friend of mine who lives a few miles outside Glasgow who has come to the rescue of some of his friends who were visiting. The 'ash' problem closing the sky to air transport means he's taken the plunge and driven them home.

Doesn't sound too interesting until the choice of car, a 1982 Talbot Horizon SX Automatic.

He says it didn't miss a beat and is running really well, and knowing his driving style its been turning a fair lick of speed no doubt!

But...... where did he end up this evening? PRAGUE !

I'm going to get him to write the little adventure up for the Simca club magazine.

Does anybody else have any road adventure stories bought on from the ash cloud?

I've heard from a friend of mine who lives a few miles outside Glasgow who has come to the rescue of some of his friends who were visiting. The 'ash' problem closing the sky to air transport means he's taken the plunge and driven them home.

Doesn't sound too interesting until the choice of car, a 1982 Talbot Horizon SX Automatic.

He says it didn't miss a beat and is running really well, and knowing his driving style its been turning a fair lick of speed no doubt!

But...... where did he end up this evening? PRAGUE !

I'm going to get him to write the little adventure up for the Simca club magazine.

Does anybody else have any road adventure stories bought on from the ash cloud?

No real interesting road trip stories, but that's one hell of a friendship there. I doubt if my mates would drive half way across Europe to take me home... It'd be more like "there's the spare room, make yourself comfy and don't forget to lock up the airport opens..." :)

I was due to fly back from Geneva on Sunday. I ended up getting 3 buses totalling 13 hours to Calais (at 6'7", that really wasn't fun). Got a ferry and my Dad very kindly drove 250 miles to come and pick me up from Dover as there were no hire cars. Now struggling to get my money back off Sleazyjet.

Edited by wega3k

I was due to fly back from Geneva on Sunday. I ended up getting 3 buses totalling 13 hours to Calais (at 6'7", that really wasn't fun). Got a ferry and my Dad very kindly drove 250 miles to come and pick me up from Dover as there were no hire cars. Now struggling to get my money back off Sleazyjet.

EU made a statement that the airlines had to pay for additional accommodation and food, so you should be able to claim some of that off them if you had any of it.

Even Ryan "don't c" air seem to be claiming they will pay up.