Rear Bumper Protection

Has anyone bought the following and if so was it easy to fit and is it any use as I have two dogs and I am trying to stop the bumper from being scratched.

If it does the job then it is a bargin at £7.00

hey, it's possibly the cheapest thing in the skoda accessory shop ... i was looking for a set of sunblinds, but not at that price ! I wonder can you get something similar for side doors to protect the sills from children.

Edited by martzweb

• 1 month later...

Just what I've been looking for, how do you order from the site?

When I sold the volvo V70 (classic) I kept my bumper protector and now use it in theOctavia - fits the Octy as well as it did the volvo - especially with the variable boot floor in :thumbup: .

Sarge.

The best product (i.e. much more expensive - but probably worth it) is the bumper protector from RGM Mouldings. I bought one last month for about £47 including VAT and postage. It fits perfectly and looks as though it's orginal equipment - very good quality. Very easy to fit too with self-adhesive tape, which seems to be very strong.

JeffS

Just for reference, Rearguards are not (yet) available for the Scout, and would really need to colour match too. Skoda part works OK, but is probably more of a consumable as it cracks easily - especially when the dog skids on it round corners. Beware - as it doesn't completely cover the available width, the unprotected bumper has a magnetic attraction to dogs, particularly if you have two or more.

Do you think it could be painted?

Probably but that would kind of defeat the object as you would then be concerned about marking the paint on .......the paintwork protector!!! emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

• 1 year later...