Worried about vrs delays

Hi, am v excited as just ordered my first skoda, the octavia vrs. Been told delivery early July and going on holiday near end July. Are people still experiencing delivery delays???

Edited by Vfitrower

WTF?!

I ordered two weeks ago and have been my build week is 31 (START OF AUGUST!!), delivery some 3 or so weeks after that!!

Think I need to go see my dealer and find out if they've told me the date of my car or someone else's! emoticon-0112-wondering.gif

I have ordered the racing blue petrol hatch with no extras from Newport skoda in Gwent. Salesman seemed pretty certain but I am concerned having seen so many delays for vrs over the last six to eight months. Will ring dealer tomorrow to query as he suggested there were other colours available already in the uk.

I have ordered the racing blue petrol hatch with no extras

that might explain it, cos mine is fully-loaded.

still gonna ask though, just to be sure. ;)

If you ordered from Central Skoda expect the date to change more than once before you get it

explain rags - you can't just leave it there...... :S

Let's just say I was less than impressed with their communication and had to chase for info. At one point I was informed that my order had been delayed further so I told them to cancel the order and I would order from a manufacturer that could deliver a car in a sensible time frame. Low and behold 10 minutes later I got a phone call informing me they had told me the wrong build week and it was in fact 4 weeks earlier than they'd just told me...

Still took 15 weeks instead of the 10-12 I'd originally been told, but at one point it was looking like nearer 19-20...

I have already decided that Kings Heath are likely to get the first service booking... It's about time that organisations realise that the service provided by one department affects how the whole organisation is percieved, the service department at Central may be the best in the world, but my experience from the sales department leaves me loathe to find out what they are like

that's good then, cos I ordered from Kings Heath! emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

didn't realise there was another Skoda dealer in Central Brum, thought it was Kings Heath you were referring to.

sorry. emoticon-0110-tongueout.gif

Central Skoda (and SEAT) is on the Tyburn Road (A38) in Erdington (used to be David Hiam Citroen)

Let me know how Kings Heath goes, mind you, if I keep doing trips to Scotland I'll be getting the car serviced before you pick yours up... Last time I looked it was telling me about 10000 miles til the service, so only another 9000 miles to go...

Central Skoda (and SEAT) is on the Tyburn Road (A38) in Erdington (used to be David Hiam Citroen)

Let me know how Kings Heath goes, mind you, if I keep doing trips to Scotland I'll be getting the car serviced before you pick yours up... Last time I looked it was telling me about 10000 miles til the service, so only another 9000 miles to go...

hi ordered vRS anthracite grey 9 weeks ago. still got no build date.

are there probs with production?

Sorry to but in to your chat , I have brought all my cars and had them all servised at All Electric Garage kings heath ,and I would recomend them to any one top blokes ,freindly and helpfull .

hi ordered vRS anthracite grey 9 weeks ago. still got no build date.

are there probs with production?

I would have been pushing the dealer about a build week long ago. I got a build date the day I ordered mine.

Had call from dealer today. My blue vrs is build week 21, so fingers crossed for a mid/late June delivery and off to France in it in July! Hopefully all will be ok

Had call from dealer today. My blue vrs is build week 21, so fingers crossed for a mid/late June delivery and off to France in it in July! Hopefully all will be ok

When did you order mate?

Spoke to my dealer yesterday and they say still no build date as yet

Cheers

ACSC

Hi, just going to throw my hat into the ring... I ordered on 13th March and the car is apparently in transit this week so should be registered driving it in three week's, I make that 11 weeks from order to delivery but expected 12 from order date....

Hmm, theres a lot of you with week 21 build suddenly, I don't know if you've all managed to pick up cars already in the system or if skoda are rushing through production prior to the week 22 changes. If the latter is true I could get my car a few weeks earlier. heres hoping

Hmm, theres a lot of you with week 21 build suddenly, I don't know if you've all managed to pick up cars already in the system or if skoda are rushing through production prior to the week 22 changes. If the latter is true I could get my car a few weeks earlier. heres hoping

what are the week 22 changes?!

Im on the cusp of ordering, hopefully get a deal sorted by the weekend/next week.

Is there something I should know? Id love if I can get in on these early(ish) build dates, rather than pushing mid late August :(

I'm just about to place an order for a TDi VRS based on the dealer's indicative 10-12 week lead time. Pretty worried if that could now extend into August, particularly as the car I'm running about in doesn't have much life left in it.

What are the week 22 changes?

Does anyone have experience of online brokers? Local dealer won't budge on price, but online brokers offering at £16.2-£16.7. Drive the deal appears cheapest - any experience?

The dealer has informed me that my vrs will be built wk 23 (7th June). I ordered right at the end of March and was originally given a provisional build week of 26. He also said he was not aware of any delays due to item shortages. Good news as I will get it sooner and get the wk22 updates. Still seems like a long way off though. If only I could get angry birds for windows mobile to pass the time :D

I'm just about to place an order for a TDi VRS based on the dealer's indicative 10-12 week lead time. Pretty worried if that could now extend into August, particularly as the car I'm running about in doesn't have much life left in it.

What are the week 22 changes?

Does anyone have experience of online brokers? Local dealer won't budge on price, but online brokers offering at £16.2-£16.7. Drive the deal appears cheapest - any experience?

From info provided by others on here previously, for the VRS the only change is to the scuff plates which will have a hideous "chequered flag" design...

unless anyone knows different ?