Replacing Inner Tie Rods info please

I have just had my MOT done and was advised that the Inner Tie rods will need replacing. Should I get Skoda parts or after market ones. The ones at Skoda are £28+vat and the aftermarket ones are £20 +vat.

Does anyone know if the boot and inner and outer clips are included? (I forgot to ask that). Have any of you changed these, I know you can get a special inner nut extractor, is it awkward to remove without it?

Hope you can help.

Cheers

Shappy

Are you sure that you have been quoted for the track rods and not just the track rod ends? The Skoda track rods usually come with the track rod ends. Usually the parts you are quoted for are the parts that will be supplied, so there will be no boots or clips with them. I've seen track rods replaced on a Fabia, a crows foot spanner of the correct size was required which was capable of been operated via a ratchet and extension bar. I recall that the price of that track rod was around £75 from Skoda.

Are you sure that you have been quoted for the track rods and not just the track rod ends? The Skoda track rods usually come with the track rod ends. Usually the parts you are quoted for are the parts that will be supplied, so there will be no boots or clips with them. I've seen track rods replaced on a Fabia, a crows foot spanner of the correct size was required which was capable of been operated via a ratchet and extension bar. I recall that the price of that track rod was around £75 from Skoda.

Hi, you could be right. I could have been quoted incorrectly; I am going to call in to the dealer and double check. Someone today said that they will be a lot more than that for genuine parts.

I have seen these being removed on a different vehicle, on u tube and they did have a special tool to help remove the inner lock nut.

cheers

shappy