New Anthracite Grey Combi

Hi all - I'm taking delivery of a new Octy Combi in Anthracite grey at the end of the month. I want to give it the best start in life so was wondering if anyone had any tips/products I should use. I'll be washing, claying etc but what wax/sealant or combination of these should I use on this colour?

Cheers.

Cheers guys. I was wondering about 'dealer inflicted swirls'. Seen this phrase somewhere. Would I be better instructing my dealer to NOT wash my car so as to keep the paint mint? So I can **** it up myself, if it is ****d up at all.

Cheers guys. I was wondering about 'dealer inflicted swirls'. Seen this phrase somewhere. Would I be better instructing my dealer to NOT wash my car so as to keep the paint mint? So I can **** it up myself, if it is ****d up at all.

Quite a few of the 'brand new' motor's I have done have been delivered from the factory in great condition but the owner in most cases instructed the dealer not to touch the car leaving all the transport wax and film on. This means they can remove everything and then prep the paintwork themselves, if this is something your not keen on doing then there are a few 'detailers' in Ireland that can provide a 'new car' detail service....... :thumbup:

They dont come with transport wax on these days but I would advocate asking the dealer not to touch it and DIY

Whilst Zaino is a great choice, Poorboys Black Hole Glaze a nd followed by Poorboys EX-P Sealant is a great combination too :yes:

Thanks again Bakers and Chris. I was thinking of DIMyself. I'd been thinking of PB glaze and sealant but not sure whether white diamond or black hole? It's a grey car. Is that a light or dark colour? I know it's more dark than light but it ain't dark either, or is it? This detailing lark is actually quite interesting. Something I'd have slapped myself for thinking a while back. Never saw the point, til I started.

Thanks again Bakers and Chris. I was thinking of DIMyself. I'd been thinking of PB glaze and sealant but not sure whether white diamond or black hole? It's a grey car. Is that a light or dark colour? I know it's more dark than light but it ain't dark either, or is it? This detailing lark is actually quite interesting. Something I'd have slapped myself for thinking a while back. Never saw the point, til I started.

I think the best thing to do is go with what you have got mate, saves money that way, something will be better than nothing and protection wise White Diamond and Black Hole will be very similar......... :thumbup:

I think the best thing to do is go with what you have got mate, saves money that way, something will be better than nothing and protection wise White Diamond and Black Hole will be very similar......... :thumbup:

Cheers mate, I think you're right.