vRS - Stuck in reverse?

I have just bought my first Fabia vRS :-D

It has a Sachs performance clutch and single mass flywheel fitted (it has been remapped) all done by jabbersport by the previous owner.

It sometimes gets completely stuck in reverse gear, and other times it won't engage first unless I select second and then straight into first.

I have searched for the problem but just want it answering directly, what is at fault?

Does it need the fluid replacing and bleeding? Or is it the master cylinder?

I don't know if it is anything to do with this Sachs clutch/SMF but just thought i'd mention it.

Thanks in advance

Michael

I don't wish to post Doom & Gloom ... But when a clutch is coming to the ends of it's life .. 1st & Reverse are generally the first ones to complain & Grumble ......

Dean

Surely if the clutch was going then it would be slipping?

It had a Sachs performance clutch fitted 18000 miles ago so surely wont be gone yet?

Clutches go one of Three ways..

Slippage

Gear Selection issues - Sticking/Grinding (No Slippage)

& Bang .. No drive what so ever :D

Dean

I would try the Cheapest option 1st .. After all, If you do it yourself & still it does it, you have only lost some time & the price of the parts ...

The Linkage/Cables have not become Mis-Adjusted have they ??

Edited by dfullb