Unresponsive turbo when cold?

Hi just wondered if anyone else has a completely unresponsive turbo when cold? I have a pd150 with hybrid internals, symptoms are when you start the car from cold (overnight) lets say for the first 30s or so the turbo is completely unresponsive then as the temp goes up it frees off and its back to normal? Now i dont know much about turbos etc but could the turbo veins be clogged up with egr muck!?? Im currently awaiting forge hard pipes for my fmic, 60mm egr delete and elephant hose ccv mod? Do you think this could be the issue?

Could be a vacum problem. When I managed to knock the main pipe from the vac pump off, the turbo didn't seem to spool until 2500rpm. Might sound daft but do the brakes feel ok while the turbo is unresponsive.

Graham

yes brakes seem okay?

they are brembo 323's though :L

its just weird its like no turbo at all for the first say 30 seconds, then you can feel it begin to wake up!!

say i change at 1st to second, rpm at 2k then put my foot down just to get going a tiny bit there will be nothing, then second attempt it will start to free up! then it starts to go :o

what could cause a vacuum fault? and what is a vacuum fault? thanks

Think it's an ECU protection thing.

Dependant on how cold the Shifty Mobile is sometimes it doesn't give me boost straight away. 30 seconds later it kicks in and then the needle on the boost gauge starts to move. Not that I take it over 10 psi until nice and warm anyway.

HTH :thumbup:

Think it's an ECU protection thing.

Dependant on how cold the Shifty Mobile is sometimes it doesn't give me boost straight away. 30 seconds later it kicks in and then the needle on the boost gauge starts to move. Not that I take it over 10 psi until nice and warm anyway.

HTH :thumbup:

yes possibly its probably more noticeable with the pd150 with hybrid internals like us with the later spool up and more lag

what could cause a vacuum fault? and what is a vacuum fault? thanks

The vacum system provides the assistance on the brake servo, It also operates the EGR valve / throttle body and iirc the wastegate on the turbo. It could be caused by a split hose or a faulty solenoid valve in that black box on the OSF strut top mount.

Graham