back to the bodyshop i go :(

thanks for your best wishes guys :)

i called my boss today and he told me he put the car on a straightening jig today to see how bad the damage is and he and a very talented panel beater think that it'll take a day and a half of jig and panel to get maisie straight and true but they are 90% sure that she will come out good ;) said they have seen worse and got them back to how they were to the nearst mm,

all parts together (including extra lil bits) come to £2500 and the labour and paint ect will be around £2000, all this information has been sent to his insurance company and should be accpeted tomorrow or saturday.

my neck and back are easing up now and going to attempt to drive the beemer tomorrow :D

thanks for your support guys

you got a claim in for the back??

passenger in my car got 6k for whiplash :o

news update on my car and it looks good :D it was all accepted today with a budget of £5300,

went to see my car today and is already almost fully stripped ready for the jig work, might have to keep the back seats, door cards, boot trim and everything out for a while as it looks rather good stripped,

my neck and back are feeling alot better and took the bmw for a spin in the weekend with the missus and we both fell in love with the thing!! (don't worry im not going to swap the vrs for one!!)

i have one comment to make about the fabia though! i wish it was rear wheel drive!! had the bmw's back end out in a empty carpark and loved it!!

I don't like the "blame culture" that seems to be creeping into insurance claims everywhere now :thumbdown: Good to see SImon has kept his level head on and apparently not put anything in for any slight aches & pains had. It will probably keep my own insurance renewal down by a couple of pennies. :thumbup:

sorry to say this jason but i am putting a claim in for loss of earnings as whilst im signed off im on really low pay, my insurance company want me to claim for injuries but i only will if it has lasting effects on my life i.e bad back or neck pains,

im still on going physio and on pain killers

talking of accidents jas i went up to telford to help my dad pick up his new car and had a sense of daja vu when i pulled into a service station, then it come to me it was the one i stopped at when you pulled in with a upset car :(

i hope you can understand why i put the claim for loss of earnings and only will put an injury claim in if i really have to understandably however i stopped to let people cross the road and a idiot on his mobile hit me and as i didn't ask for the neck pain it's hard not to be tempted

sorry to say this jason but i am putting a claim in for loss of earnings as whilst im signed off im on really low pay, my insurance company want me to claim for injuries but i only will if it has lasting effects on my life i.e bad back or neck pains,

im still on going physio and on pain killers

talking of accidents jas i went up to telford to help my dad pick up his new car and had a sense of daja vu when i pulled into a service station, then it come to me it was the one i stopped at when you pulled in with a upset car :(

i hope you can understand why i put the claim for loss of earnings and only will put an injury claim in if i really have to understandably however i stopped to let people cross the road and a idiot on his mobile hit me and as i didn't ask for the neck pain it's hard not to be tempted

Loss of earnings is a different kettle of fish. :) It's fake/overacted injury claims that get my goat. If its realistic and likely to cost you further loss of earnings in future, then go for it.

I feel sorry for you at least your car is being repaiared, i ran into the back of a mitsubishi space wagon about 5 months ago turned out to be an insurance scam i was kicking myself!!

Loss of earnings is a different kettle of fish. :) It's fake/overacted injury claims that get my goat. If its realistic and likely to cost you further loss of earnings in future, then go for it.

i should know this as my last claim is still going through and might be heading to court as my insurance company believe the other party are making a fake claim so i know how bad it feels being on the reciving end of one,

i've been told there might be some lasting muscle damage so i will be putting a claim in but on the basis the injury is like my doctor says

lil update on my car :D it's almost looking as it should now, just waiting on the test fit of the new tail gate and should be in for paint next week :)

jason im attending a the exeter car show? will you be there by any chance?

i feel slightly lucky as we had a 2010 "10" plate renault clio in on the 3rd of march which had hit a deere on the way home on the 1st with only 30 miles on the clock, we replaced the whole front end which took 3 weeks, less than 2 weeks later he returns with a smashed up front and back end, turns out he over took a mini cooper on a duel carrage way and the mini driver got road rage and undertook him then slammed his brakes on so the clio went into the back and then another car went into the back of the clio at high speed writing the clio off!! in total the owner had drove only 200 miles!!!

Id hope that guy slapped seven shades out of that Mini driver!