AmD RR Day £35 13/06/2010

grr666

Excellent meet guys - looking forward to seeing some pics later.

Was real good to put faces to usernames and it seemed like a good time was had by all.

We finally established that Gary's (Grr666) car is defo NOT standard as the 181 bhp above shows B)

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that corvette was biblical. 5.7 litre V8 and only 260hp :giggle: i love the yanks take on power.

mine made exactly as i expected, nice plateau of power from 5k onwards, shaun said the second run, that it was suffering heatsoak quite bad and lost power as a result. Definately going to be my next mod anyways.

here it is then, shark perfomance stage 1, no additional mods at all. Sloooooooowwwwww :giggle: i need stage 2+ back in my life

stage1sharkperformace13-06-10004.jpg

this was brought up on the day with shaun. the correct data was entered in, however they cant work out why it says 0 degrees a glitch in the system and some other stuf i dont understand. they seemed accurate enough though, hedges R32 made 247Hp as it should, mine made stage 1 power, the stage 2+ k04 GTI guys made 320Hp. so there is no worries of overreading there :thumbup:

When I refitted the Liquid Gauge I had a 17705 code logged so can only think it must have been the Split-R DV leaking boost (not set the spring tight enough).

I don't see how else it could've lost 15bhp in the last two years :'( And it feels quicker than its ever been :S

DSCN1198.jpg

Here's the RR graph from 2008:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/chicken_eyebrows/DSCN1197.jpg

Didn't get a boost graph or AFR graph either to try and work out what was wrong.

I suppose at least the driveshaft didn't give up the ghost as I was expecting. And was good to meet you guys! Good luck with the stereo fitting Tibbs!

If anyone finds these fifteen (15) horses that Jamie has lost, can they please return them to his corral as soon as possible, as he seems really upset at their loss....even walking round with the dyno chart asking if anyone knew where they had gone...................................(Glue factory?)..........................LOL

Jamie you have been to more than enough dynos's to know that a variation of just fifteen is nothing to worry about, and on standard powered Octy vRS such as yours, you will hardly , if at all, notice this minimal loss, and you even state above that in your words " It feels quicker that its ever been".

If you need technical advice and a friendly listening ear, then ring 08457 909090 for assistance..........................................LOL

Edited by TheMethodFeeder

Thanks Grr66 for a great session this morning, nice to meet some new faces. Not sure what the problem was with mine on the rollers. It seemed fine on the way home when I struggled past Des at 145mph.

We must do it again some time

All the best.

And Des was driving a standard 140 bhp Diesel Mk 2 L & K Octy..... :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

And Des was driving a standard 140 bhp Diesel Mk 2 L & K Octy..... :rofl:

Hi

Thanks to everyone for coming on the day.

We have now uploaded the videos from the day to: http://www.youtube.com/user/AmDEssex

Cheers Shaun.

P.S. Did anyone get a good general shot from outside on the day that we can use in a news story on our website?

Edited by amdessex.com

Hi

Thanks to everyone for coming on the day.

We have now uploaded the videos from the day to: http://www.youtube.com/user/AmDEssex

Cheers Shaun.

P.S. Did anyone get a good general shot from outside on the day that we can use in a news story on our website?

Fantastic Shaun,

I've PM'd you a link to all of the photos I took on the day.

Mark