my fabia is sick help

hi folks

i have a 1.4mpi skoda fabia and when i start the car up when cold the car engine makes a while noise and also when i go to move off the car then starts chuggin and then diying out just wondering what could cause it but when the car is warm it runs fine

hi folks

i have a 1.4mpi skoda fabia and when i start the car up when cold the car engine makes a while noise and also when i go to move off the car then starts chuggin and then diying out just wondering what could cause it but when the car is warm it runs fine

when was the fuel filter last changed?

fuel pump issue?

inlet manifold leak or bad egr valve?

If car runs fine when warm but not when cold then that would suggest the temperature sender - common problem and easy fix. Plenty of info on this forum about it if you search.

Assuming the car has been serviced recently and all the normal bits are new, plugs filters etc. then the best course of action is to have a scan by VAG.com diagnostics. All VAG garages can do this and some independent ones have VAG.com as well, just ask them if they can do this for you. It sound like a sensor or something to do with the emissions equipt. gone wrong. Costs £40 at a VAG dealer but some independents do it for a lot less, even better if you have Briskoda members near you with VAG.com someone might help you out.

Ask for help in this forum http://briskoda.net/forums/forum/23-diagnostics-vcds/ Hopefully someone near you will come to your rescue.

Edited by Soot1e

• 3 weeks later...

If car runs fine when warm but not when cold then that would suggest the temperature sender - common problem and easy fix. Plenty of info on this forum about it if you search.

as soot1e said try the usual consumables - mine had a cold start misfire, rough running and the sparkplugs needed replacing