3 child seats?

Hello all,

I've currently got an Octy VRs, very happy with it but with a 3rd child on the way later this year there won't be quite enough room. I have one in booster seat, one in forward facing and will have a rear facing one in October as well.

Does anyone currently manage to squeeze all of this into the rear of the Superb, or alternatively 2 in rear with room for missus in the middle? I had a look in showroom yesterday and it seems a tad wider than the Octy (but *loads* of legroom!).

Thanks,

Balham

139cm is the inside width of a Superb which is only 1 more cm in the back of a supurb against the octy. leg room in the rear is more though by 12cm

an A6 has 4cm more than the superb, even a 7 series only has 8cm more than the superb and 9cm more than the octy.

The passat and A4 are identical to the Superb in inside width.

For masses of width you need a dicovery 151cm, or Freelander 146cm, Tiguan and Toureg are also 146cm or a Volvo V70.

so from a 151cm Landrover Discovery down to 138cm Octavia.

I recently had two Maxi Cosi rearward facing seats in the outer rears (one on an isofix base) with a generously sized adult comfortably strapped in the middle of my Mk2 - the legroom helps the adult get past the child seats. Then your 3rd child could go in the front (the airbag is easily isolated)

I havent tried a baby seat in the middle position, although the instructions do state that it is quite in order to do so.

More importantly, the boot swallowed all the paraphenalia and travel systems necessary for two 3 month old babies with ease

Friends of ours just had triplets, so had to get a new car that would handle 3 rear-facing seats side by side. They've opted for the Toyota Kluger Grande, which is perfect for the job.

• 2 weeks later...

Friends of ours just had triplets, so had to get a new car that would handle 3 rear-facing seats side by side. They've opted for the Toyota Kluger Grande, which is perfect for the job.

I have a Disco 3 now and nothing will beat it for interior and boot space and flexibility of layout/ability to carry up to 7, plus it will get you, the kids and the kit virtually anywhere, MPG isn't bad for the size of car (2.7 V6 Diesel HSE) gives around 27 combined and mines been remapped to give it a little bit more go, the nice high driving position is also good and it just eats motorways. All in all it's a cracking car and used values have risen recently which is good if PXing one! Mine is coming to the end of the PCP deal and I'm looking for a new motor, the equivalent Discovery 4 is now £48,000 or so :no: which is why the V6 Superb Estate is quickly finding itself at the top of my list of options!

I have one kid on a booster cushion (age 8), one in a forward facing Recaro (age 2) and one that will be in a Mammas and Pappas rear facing when it arrives. Checked the Superb out and all is well....8 year olds booster goes in the middle with the others on either side, same is the case in the vRS we have just ordered for wifey, the Recarro is quite 'thin' as car seats go though so that may of helped.

J