BAP protocol

Hi.

Been searching the forums, but can't really find an answer. I've installed a 3to rns with 1200 firmware, and gsm III (i think), in a 2005 ocavia II. The can gateway is new (AD), but the maxidot display has no response. I can see nav and audio info but the wiper stalk does not work, and the maxidot freezes until I turn the hu off. bap is currently disabled. Do I need bap, or is the only way to get a fw upgrade? must admit I'm a little reluctant to start messin with the hu, as everything else works just great.

The 3T0 headunit is not fully compatible with the pre facelift octavia. They work fine if you dont have maxidot as the headunit is not compatible with it. For a pre facelift octy you must fit a 1Z0 unit which is fully compatible with the maxidot and other controls.

The gateway needs to be changed to avoid the battery drain issue on later firmware, without a gateway change the battery will go flat in a day or so. The 3T0 does not work because the dashpod and maxidot are effectively speaking different languages. The gateway will pass the commands to the maxidot untouched from the headunit, but the dashpod does not understand what its getting. A little like someone speaking a foreign language to you that you dont understand. The first 3 letters had until recently denoted the model of the car the headunit was intended for.

eg,

1Z0 = Octy2 (1Z)

3T0 = Superb2 (3T)

I guess I have to try that, regardless of the bricking risk.

A lot of people are successfully running 3T0 units in pre-facelift A5 Octavia using modified firmware with swapped PQKTABLE/SKTABLE.FLI files.

Try firmware from this post - http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/161413-volkswagen-rns-510-beta-firmware-version-2760-2762-2764-2766-2768/page__view__findpost__p__1982152, archive password: 2760

BAP must stay disabled.