Adding cruise control.

I want to add cruise control to my car, what do I need to know about it and what is the best way doing it? I see Awesome offer the service for £175 odd but can it be done cheaper?

I want to add cruise control to my car, what do I need to know about it and what is the best way doing it? I see Awesome offer the service for £175 odd but can it be done cheaper?

stalk and wiring can be bought of ebay for £80ish with fitting instructions

you will need VAG COM to get it activated though

Yes , Awesome will do it for £117.50 inclusive of VAT

Does that help a bit more?

Sarah

Do you provide the stalk, wiring loom, fitting it and activating it for that price? or is it just the kit?

Cruise control kit PT No. BEA 300 003 from the Skoda Dealers is £ 66 inc vat

So Awesome's price is Very very good for fitted and activated. but a long way from Dorset

The main stealers want 2 hours to fit the kit plus charge an extra 1/2hr to 1hr for coding it and charge £70-£80 per hour

JKM in Portsmouth want £149 plus vat for kit fitted

Thanks Sarah for the info, unfortunately it would cost me so much to get to you it wouldn't be viable.

Hey guys, is this the right cable and loom, it would look like it but would rather make sure.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Skoda-Octavia-1-8T-1-4-1-6-16v-Cruise-Control-Kit-/270280850040?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3eedfe7a78

Yes that is the right kit but at £20 more than from main dealer.

The Ebay kit supplies an extra loom this is an extension loom that goes into a connector in the bulkhead then fits the other side to the ecu.

The Main Dealer loom is longer and fits through the bulkhead with a suppled grommet so no need for extra loom.

Yeah I noticed your post after I posted mine lol. so how easy is todo yourself? I have a friend who has Vag-Com so he should be able todo it for me, if not an excuse to buy a Vag-com lead lol.

Its not a hard job to do just that you need to remove quite a bit to get good access have a look at the guide on the ebay supplier web site for a rough idea, its no where as complicated as it sounds and look here this will also help for airbag/steering wheel removal ect not the same car but close enough . http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/221940.aspx and http://www.foxytech.hostcell.net/control_stalk.htmd

Just dont rush and a dry day will obviously help and coding will take 5mins with vagcom.

your local skoda dealer parts dept can print off the BEA 300 003 installation instructions for you if you ask before buying the kit to see what is envolved with the oem kit fitting

hope this helps !

You could buy over the counter from TPS in Poole who supply the dealers for next day delivery.

Bournemouth TPS

Virage Business Park

123-4 Stanley Green Road

Poole

Dorset

BH15 3AE

Tel: 01202 644480

Opening Times

08:00-18:00 Monday to Friday

08:00-13:00 Saturday

Edited by bazaa

• 3 weeks later...

I took mine to the local dealer who did the whole job for £150