Capital of Yorkshire Meet!

craig180

Let's see if we can drum up some interest in a decent turnout meet for the summer!

Date:

Sunday 4th July 2010

Time:

12:30

Pledwick Well Inn, Newmiller Dam, Wakefield

434 Barnsley Road Wakefield, West Yorkshire WF2 6QE

Plan:

This pub has a huge car park with lots of space for club members to park. It has a large beer garden/play area for the big kids, served food and has a good drinks list.

It has recently been fully refurbished and is easily accessible from the M1 J39 or J38

If you're interested in attending and making my first Brisy meet a success then get your names on the list!

List:

craig180

Edited by craig180

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Capital of Yorkshire is York. The clue's in the name.:thumbup:

I could prove you wrong, but you'll have to get your name on the list and attend for me to do so ;)

Capital of Yorkshire is York. The clue's in the name.:thumbup:

I agree, it is the shire of the City of York. I know I live in the capital of Cleveland. There is no mention of it on here. Wikipedia - Newmiller dam.. If you ment the centre of Yorkshire, I bet that is York as well. :think:

P.S. Wakefeild is a bit too far for me, so I will not be going.

Edited by Jim H

craig180

chrisrs...possible

willskoda

Any chance of making it a late one? I have another member asking for a meet that day but at 7.30pm. Dunno if that would be more or less popular?

Me too make it at 7.30 ,or we will organize one near us at that time and take all your members :giggle:

Cannot plan that far ahead , if someone books in for lunch then i1m working, but can guarantee night off

Edited by bluvrs2

its only 5min away from me i wont know anybody but i will show my face so count me in :thumbup:

My first meet too, so I'll be in the same boat fella

Yeah had a PM converstaion, but from experience (I'm an RMO on another club site) afternoon meets on sundays tend to be busier as most people work the monday

Currently dependent on the Furby passing it's MOT, but provided that all goes well i'd be up for a trip to shakey wakey...

The pledwick well - that's on the road just before the corner near the dam inn isn't it?

Currently dependent on the Furby passing it's MOT, but provided that all goes well i'd be up for a trip to shakey wakey...

The pledwick well - that's on the road just before the corner near the dam inn isn't it?

Yeah that's the one mate. Quite popular with bikers/Veedub clubs

COUNT ME OUT IF YOU CANT MOVE IT ,< TIME.> AND IMAGINE IF YOU GET TO PUB AND IT IS CLOSED BECAUSE SOMEONE HAS PULLED A SICKIE . DON'T FORGET IT IS WIMBLEDON FINAL IN AFTERNOON AS WELL

Count me out too.

Your comment about 'throwing a sickie' has turned me off.

Good luck with the meet.

I hope you get enough to turn up.

The evening would have been better for me too.

I dont work at weekends either.

Here is the latest list for you:

1. craig180

2. willskoda

3. a_Duncan

4. hilly82

5. broadyvrs

6. Chris Coates (Possible)

Edited by ChrisRs

Heh, i'd be hoping they do a good sunday lunch there - That's mainly the reason a lot of people don't particularly like midday sunday meetings from my experience ;)

They do a decent sunday lunch to be fair and with regards to the pub being closed if someone has pulled a sicky - very unlikely as I've never seen that happen at a decent pub.

If the majority would rather have a late evening meet then I'm more than happy to change the time but I won't be able to attend as I have work the following day and would rather be out during the day.

Shame if you other guys can'/won't make it