VRS general enquiries

Hi guys and girls,

Me again! Just a few more questions. STILL on the search for a fabia vrs, had no luck as of yet as they all seem too far away and the one i did really like the windows werent working and that put me off abit. Basically if the car has higher mileage eg 100k plus, but backed up with FSH is this a problem? Or is that a worry as its not just the engine thats covered the miles obviously. My budget is around 5k, surely id be able to pick up a lovely example for that with fairly low mileage going on parkers guide?

Any advice?

Cheers

Well, I paid £5850 for my 04 plate on 41k 2 years ago down here in London, so you MUST be able to find an 54 plate in the 70k's for £5k over in Bath?

I'm just waiting for the Fabia's bubble of slow depreciation to go pop, the used price of them seems so unpredictable.. I think this is where their subtlety plays in there favor.. They're aging rather gracefully I think :D

the used prices tend to range from £4500 - £9000 for a good example however i have a hunch that the very slow vw/german car rate depreciation may speed up soon so if you could hang on a couple of months you may get better prices im sure aswell that the arival of a new vrs (even though it is a hot hatch petrol not a warm hatch diesel) will cause some falling prices due to it carrying the vrs badge (like the new octy vrs did to the old one) :thumbup:

Im back in newmarket at the moment so finding cars is a bit harder! I know what you mean about the new vrs aswell but being without a car would be horrible for any longer as i cant stand being stuck without my freedom! Having big summer holidays during uni isnt good when i sold my other car in easter. Im really after a fabia vrs but starting to look at audi a3s etc but i fancy sticking out waiting for a fabia...

True about the travelling. Not really too bothered as can get my brother or mum to drive me or get the train, just wouldnt want to go a fair distance, then be disapointed. OR to get there and spend money on travel etc and walk away with nothing. If i went a fair distance id go there with the view of buying it if you get me?

Hi guys and girls,

Me again! Just a few more questions. STILL on the search for a fabia vrs, had no luck as of yet as they all seem too far away and the one i did really like the windows werent working and that put me off abit. Basically if the car has higher mileage eg 100k plus, but backed up with FSH is this a problem? Or is that a worry as its not just the engine thats covered the miles obviously. My budget is around 5k, surely id be able to pick up a lovely example for that with fairly low mileage going on parkers guide?

Any advice?

Cheers

Sounds like you have been looking for some time for one, you say they too far away, how far will you travel?

There is one just over 50 miles from you 48K miles and under £5K (Look in autotrader)

Radiotwo

Have you checked Pistonheads as well ?

Would recommend you stick it out, one will come up, & to answer your question, around 100k & FSH, it should nt be a problem as long as the cambelt & water pump has been done, expect to have another belt change around 120k miles

Edited by lfc958

just baught skoda fabia vrs from bath area A1 condition for £6300 04 plate 57k miles . . . stainless steel excust, remap, audi tt front disc, blacked out windows, lowered, seat front splitter . . . and fsh

think it all depends on what your after from the car.

do you want modded ... not modded ?? :rofl:

Sounds like you have been looking for some time for one, you say they too far away, how far will you travel?

There is one just over 50 miles from you 48K miles and under £5K (Look in autotrader)

Radiotwo

Where abouts is that one? Had a look, cant find it anywhere!

Have you checked Pistonheads as well ?

Would recommend you stick it out, one will come up, & to answer your question, around 100k & FSH, it should nt be a problem as long as the cambelt & water pump has been done, expect to have another belt change around 120k miles

Yea been checking pistonheads daily buddy! And thanks for the info regarding the higher mileage

just baught skoda fabia vrs from bath area A1 condition for £6300 04 plate 57k miles . . . stainless steel excust, remap, audi tt front disc, blacked out windows, lowered, seat front splitter . . . and fsh

think it all depends on what your after from the car.

do you want modded ... not modded ?? :rofl:

Would only want subtle mods, wouldnt want a remap atm due to insurance and stuff. Would probs have it standard and try and make it mine with subtle mods!

Ok decided against that again, id prefer a fabia vrs i think and id like to get one and keep it. One with 94k on the clock, 12 months MOT, remap, brakes and an exhaust. How much should i be paying?

You just said you didn't want a remapped one, now you do :rofl: . Kids, they are always changing their mind aren't they. High milers are ok, you just have to look out for the cared for ones, means travelling of course, they are out there somewhere. I ended up travelling 200miles to find mine.

You just said you didn't want a remapped one, now you do :rofl: . Kids, they are always changing their mind aren't they. High milers are ok, you just have to look out for the cared for ones, means travelling of course, they are out there somewhere. I ended up travelling 200miles to find mine.

haha yea i didnt but on this one you can turn the map off. Only didnt want one for insurance reasons so having it off will be alright!

If its remapped , take it for a test drive and make sure the clutch dont slip (makeing sure revs dont go up car does nothing) as this will cost around 400 quid to replace or ask if its been upgrade . . . if not i wouldnt buy a fabia vrs with a remap over 175 bhp normal clucth wont handle no more bhp

mine had done 145k miles FSH by skoda 1 owner very good condition apart from the alloys that need a refurb cost me £3500

my car

love it dont be put off by miles mine has now coverd 154k miles

If its remapped , take it for a test drive and make sure the clutch dont slip (makeing sure revs dont go up car does nothing) as this will cost around 400 quid to replace or ask if its been upgrade . . . if not i wouldnt buy a fabia vrs with a remap over 175 bhp normal clucth wont handle no more bhp

It's not about the bhp, it's about the torque ;)

Shame I cant get insured on my next car until next year or Id sell you mine.

AlsoI think the MK1 vRS will still have good second hand values, as The reviews on the new one have been average 3/5 stars in most places and all qoute how they would like a diesel version.

Edited by stevobeavo