SEATS

loskie

Maybe one of the Skoda Techs or dealers can help me. Are the Yeti front seats the same as in the Octavia. Found the Octavia Scout eats uncomfortable but still hanker after another Skoda. My V50 is supremely comfortable but could do with some extra ground clearance and mild off road ability.

It's a pity Volvo never made a XC50. Or V50 XC in old speak. It is a lovely looking car and a 4x4 version would have looked great. Volvo seats are amazingly comfortable. The only other car that comes close is the now defunct Renault Val Satis. That has a backrest with a hinge in the middle of it so you could adjust the upper and lower angles of the backrest independently (like on a Range Rover). Super comfy.

Loski, the seats are not the same as the Octavia. They are taller. Whether they share the same runners, I cannot tell.

IMHO, the Volvo V50 stinks compared to an Octy Combo - less room, particularly in the back seat and boot, less power and poorer mileage, and does not handle as well. The seats - and if you liked the looks were OK. The price considerably higher for just the name.

I have had two Volvo 850 Station cars and the Octy beat then clean on reliability and lack of any problems at all. The first 850 was handling very well and in the beginning, it had variable inlet runners in the manifold for cruising and power. On the other hand, it ate two EGR pumps in three years and cracked a windshield - not related to a stone chip.

Loski, the seats are not the same as the Octavia. They are taller. Whether they share the same runners, I cannot tell.

IMHO, the Volvo V50 stinks compared to an Octy Combo - less room, particularly in the back seat and boot, less power and poorer mileage, and does not handle as well. The seats - and if you liked the looks were OK. The price considerably higher for just the name.

I have had two Volvo 850 Station cars and the Octy beat then clean on reliability and lack of any problems at all. The first 850 was handling very well and in the beginning, it had variable inlet runners in the manifold for cruising and power. On the other hand, it ate two EGR pumps in three years and cracked a windshield - not related to a stone chip.

The V50 price in the Uk worked out comparable to the Octavia. 25% discount was given off list price. Size wise yes it is smaller granted the rear seats are smaller but I don't use those. Drive wise I think handles fine I can copare it directly with my dads 140 Octavia, power much the same but requires more gear changing than the Octavia. Fuel consumption certainly poorer but overall finish I think is better. As I said I would have jumped at the Octavia Scout but cover 25000m a year and cannot risk seats that hurt my back. Have covered 23000m in the V50 now since pick up on 25/7/09 and growing to like it but still hanker after another Skoda. Supplier of the Volvo was very poor but my next nearest one is quite good. Looks wise the V50 wins no contest.

Edited by loskie

The V50 price in the Uk worked out comparable to the Octavia. 25% discount was given off list price. Size wise yes it is smaller. Drive wise I think handles fine I can copare it directly with my dads 140 Octavia, power much the same but requires more gear changing than the Octavia. Fuel consumption certainly poorer but overall finish I think is better. As I said I would have jumped at the Octavia Scout but cover 25000m a year and cannot risk seats that hurt my back. Have covered 23000m in the V50 now since pick up on 25/7/09 and growing to like it but still hanker after another Skoda. Supplier of the Volvo was very poor but my next nearest one is quite good.

My last car was an Octavia Elegance 140PD. Seats in Yeti are much better. More supportive particularly on long journeys. In another thread though, someone mentioned that they were having problems with seat comfort in the Yeti. May be worth seeking the thread out.

Otherwise, my 140CRD Yeti is less lively at low speeds but much, much smoother when revved. Fuel consumption is only a couple of mpg less than the Octavia was at the same mileage. Yeti fuel computer shows an average of 52 mpg over the last 2,000 miles. The Octavia I think showed about 55mpg under same useage. The Octavia got steadily better until when swapping it for the Yeti at about 43K. In the end I easily achieved 59 - 60 mpg and my hope is that the Yeti will reach high 50's with another 10k on the clock.

Space wise the Yeti is definitely smaller than my Octavia Estate but makes up for it with being much more user friendly and versatile. The Yeti is also beautifully built although the Octavia was ok.

Edited by Trevorminor

Much better seats than in the Scout. The Scouts were good, but Yeti's are better :-)

Theres not many cars I can do 3-4 hours of driving and get out without telling I've been sat down for so long. You can with the Yeti :-)