West Wales?

simonhutton1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon

well we managed a Yeti Adventure up in the Elan Valley a couple of weeks ago, but there was only 1 other Welsh resident on that, and he was from near Brecon, and I haven't got a Skoda yet.

Does seem to be a lack of active BriSkodaista's in Wales!!

Simon

well we managed a Yeti Adventure up in the Elan Valley a couple of weeks ago, but there was only 1 other Welsh resident on that, and he was from near Brecon, and I haven't got a Skoda yet.

Does seem to be a lack of active BriSkodaista's in Wales!!

Awesome thats progress. Yeti's are a funny vehicle. Never knew they did soft roading trecks :giggle:

Well done for organising that, would've loved to seen it. Got any pics? :thumbup:

Edited by simonhutton1

Cool looks like you guys had fun in those crazy soft roaders. Nice one! Good location dude. Theres a place like that in Llimbriani dam. A nice treck it is too. We have got the best country for assin about in cars. :thumbup:

Cool looks like you guys had fun in those crazy soft roaders. Nice one! Good location dude. Theres a place like that in Llimbriani dam. A nice treck it is too. We have got the best country for assin about in cars. :thumbup:

I have a nice little on-road route that goes from Rhayader, through the Elan Valley, to Cwm Ystwyth, down towards Lampeter, then over the Abergwesyn Pass either to Llanwrtyd Wells or passed Llyn Briaane to Llandovery. Beautiful scenery and some very challenging tarmac!

Might be down your way tomorrow. Probably going to look at the demo Yeti at Sinclairs.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in Newtown llanigraham - only just up the road! There seems to be loads of Skoda around mid wales but not many owners on here? :S I was tempted to organise something around mid wales but wasn't sure how many people would be interested!

Richard

Plenty of Skoda's around us, but how many on the Forum? Most seem to be driven by old farts like me!!

At least you can't miss me. I've only seen 1 Yeti in the area, and that was a white one going through Newtown.

Simon,

Thinking about it, but it is 90 miles and a 2 hour run. Might see if I can fit it into a visit to family in Cardiff.

Hi Graham, yes there are loads of skodas around I don't know why they are not on here! I find this forum invaluable now a days!! I will keep my eyes peeled for you - I often drive towards Llanfair Caereinion for work, so in slightly the opposite direction to you! I drive a green skoda octavia estate. My father also has an Octavia - MkII though in grey :thumbup: I have just brought him round to buying Skoda again! He originally got me into them!

Yes Simon it is quite a way from South Wales, we too have family in the south and it often takes 2 hours + to get down there! If there was a meet around Brecon and I could see myself travelling that way.

The only meets I have done are at Cosford with the Skoda Owners club. This happens every May. that is about an hour + from me though!

• 3 weeks later...

Oh dear, we have gone off track. North wales? No thanks can we get it aa bit more central for people. North wales is certainly not. :thumbdown:

Depends if you want to drive some decent roads. What's an hour drive for awesome roads which the central just doesn't have. Since i've been on this forum there hasn't been one successful Brisky meet. :'(

Depends if you want to drive some decent roads. What's an hour drive for awesome roads which the central just doesn't have. Since i've been on this forum there hasn't been one successful Brisky meet. :'(

You've obviously never driven the Abergwesyn Pass road then, or the Elan Valley lanes, or the road between Llanidloes and Machynlleth!!

You've obviously never driven the Abergwesyn Pass road then, or the Elan Valley lanes, or the road between Llanidloes and Machynlleth!!

Very true :thumbup: Although you need to avoid the A483 if you can!! That is truly awful - but there are many roads that aren't! :giggle:

• 1 year later...

I'm not too far from you - regularly go over to the coast at the weekend. If Llanigraham is interested and a few others then we could sort out a meet. There are loads of Skodas around mid wales yet not many of them seem to be on here!