West Wales?

simonhutton1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a Fabia vRS SE in the next village too.

I'm happy to meet up. I work away though so I'm not always available.

They are a limited edition so Im surprised they haven't registered for the site!!

Yes we should try and work something out. Is the Elan Valley a good location for all of us? Graham you went to an event before there? We could possibly meet there, have lunch etc, take a drive up to Devils bridge etc which is very scenic? Just need to decide a date and drum up some interest! :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

I should have updated this before, although been a bit busy with one thing and another! How about we aim for Saturday 22nd October? Meet at the visitor centre for 1pm and have some lunch there in the cafe? Depending on the amount of interest I will see whether we go ahead. The visitor centre is only open until the 6th November so this is why Im trying to sort something in the next few weeks!

Link to the visitor centre in the Elan Valley -

http://www.elanvalley.org.uk/visiting-elan/visitor-centre/

Proposed route which is an interesting drive through the valley to Devils Bridge.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=LD6+5HP&daddr=Devils+Bridge+Falls,+Aberystwyth&hl=en&ll=52.271939,-3.565063&spn=0.268908,0.6633&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=16.659427,42.451172&geocode=FTObHQMd65fJ_ymn8N1GXMBvSDGUKZaRg8Yt1w%3BFV0vHwMdtifF_yEhumEC5rtvhA&vpsrc=0&mra=ls&t=m&z=11

We could have a further drink in one of the tea rooms in Devils Bridge depending on peoples thoughts. :thumbup:

Richard,

My apologies for this, but family matters must take precedent, I'm afraid.

The route looks good, but you will probably find the only place open at Devils Bridge will be the Hotel. It might be worth going over to the Nant yr Arian Centre as they will def be open and have better parking, although you have to pay for it. (coffee is better too!)

Richard,

My apologies for this, but family matters must take precedent, I'm afraid.

The route looks good, but you will probably find the only place open at Devils Bridge will be the Hotel. It might be worth going over to the Nant yr Arian Centre as they will def be open and have better parking, although you have to pay for it. (coffee is better too!)

Cheers Graham! No worries you can't make it. I might try and re-arrange something for next spring, taking into account your thoughts as well. Dad mentioned when I decided on the date that it is also half term!! :doh: People will probably be busy and so will the roads! :thumbdown:

Thanks for the responses! :thumbup: Yes Nant Yr Arian isn't a bad venue otberwise. I thought of the Elan Valley because of the centre and the scenary is good.

Yes Norman I think it might be heading towards the spring unless I get some further interest! :yes:

It would be good to get a Mid Wales event going especially as people have been interested for some time. It shouldn't be too bad a location for those slightly North of Cardiff, Swansea etc.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Norman - no further interest recently with this, though it might be a bit early still to do my planned meet as the visitor centre is not open yet and they don't have a date ready either!

In terms of the Snowdonia area - Im not too familiar with the area and for some of us in Mid Wales it might be a bit of a trek to start! We were aiming for the Elan Valley - Rhayder area as it is about mid way for all areas. My plan is to aim for around / after Easter for a meet.

What are your thoughts on this?

Cheers

Hello.

I understand what you are saying with regards to waiting for nicer weather etc. I was suggesting now simply because I'm available, I'm due back overseas in May. I'm new to the area so wouldn't know where to go, but I've heard good things about the Elan Valley.

Would the intention be to do the meet on a weekend?

Yes definitley a weekend I will struggle in the week as I work full time and run a part time pc business! As soon as the visitor centre is open I will plan it. It will probably be in April all being well.

Is anyone else interested provisionally?

Alternatively if they aren't we can meet up sometime before that Norman.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys sorry to hijack your thread but we are doing a south wales meet that starts of in Camarthenshire have a look on the South wales meet thread, more than welcome to attend if you fancy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I have just started a new thread for a possible meet on Saturday 28th April - http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/234727-mid-wales-meet-elan-valley-saturday-28th-april/

Here are the details -

Hi All, I have been a bit slack on this recently as I have been quite busy! I don't get a chance to even browse the forum which is a bit annoying! How about we aim for the Saturday 28th April? Is that a reasonable date for people? Meet at the Elan Valley visitor centre for 12:30pm and have some lunch and then take a drive to Devils Bridge - as per my original plan a few posts back?

The details about the visitor centre are here - http://www.elanvalley.org.uk/visiting-elan/visitor-centre/

The proposed drive would be through the Elan Valley, passed the reservoir's and over to Devils Bridge - http://tinyurl.com/cs6q7rg

If you are tight like me and don't like paying to park, just the other side of the old metal bridge (follow the road round instead of going to the visitor centre), there is free parking down the road. We could prehaps meet there and walk up to the visitor centre.

So if you are interested please add your name to the new thread I have created for this event!

Cheers Rich

• 2 weeks later...