Maxidot

Driven a FL Octavia for the first time yesterday,noticed that with the maxidot display it has got the oil temperature and gear change indicator as well.Is there any sort of programme through the VAS that I can install the same maxidot features of the FL model on my maxidot of my 2007 PD Octy ?,or would it hav eto be a case that a new cluster is needed or nothing can be done ?.

As far as I know..No..unless you get a new module.

As for these features

1. Oil temp..Never read it unless scrolling through..fairly meaningless to me TBH

2. Gear change indicator is only useful with a DSG box .

On a manual, it suggests gears rather than tells you what gear youre in.. Apparantly its annoying to some.

You know in a manual which gear youre in..dont you??

On a manual, it suggests gears rather than tells you what gear youre in.. Apparantly its annoying to some.

On our Audi S3 it wants you to be in 6th gear at about 1200 rpm. Totally useless imo.