car for sale but no intrest any ideas ?

hi all

i have had my car up for sale and have had no intrest

just wondering your opinions

is it overpriced or the wheels or just my luck probably the latter to be honnest

the thing is i have a furby on route and could do with this out of the way

my job now requires alot of driving and me octy is not that practical when i'm gonna be doing about 500-800 miles per week

any opinions welcome good or bad

advert link on here

Guest westallc

agree high milage and wheels dont look good and its a 2001 car no matter what mods you put on it ( still only worth what a 2001 car is )

better off selling the good bits and putting it to standard to sell

the market is dead and peole jus dont want modded octy's at the minute

State what sort of service history it's got, might be too modified for some people and remove those eye brows, sorry to say it but they look cheap and tacky, have a set on mine but they wrap round the indicator aswell so blend in. The wheels are abit bright aswell . No offence ment m8.

Put some interior pics up too, when i was looking for my vrs i just skipped the ones without interrior pics as i thought they must be worn or hiding something. Give it another week and if no interest i'll do you a favour and let you swop your wheels for my standard ones ;)

Just looked at your extra pics and not one of the interior m8 second thing i looked at before even phoning when i was looking for a car.

How do you find your intercooler? I've got tthe same one fitted to mine, was there when i brought the car, so don't know if it's better than the standard one or not lol

Edited by Raf_75

well people

many thanks for the input

looks like i may have to bin the wheels and find some standard ones (sold my originals .stupid me :giggle: )

and the standard route may be on the cards and sell the bits off seperatley

will go get some pics of the interior

looking like a weekend of work for me

thanks again :'(

well people

many thanks for the input

looks like i may have to bin the wheels and find some standard ones (sold my originals .stupid me :giggle: )

and the standard route may be on the cards and sell the bits off seperatley

will go get some pics of the interior

looking like a weekend of work for me

thanks again :'(

Get the pics up first for a week, dunno what other's think but it may be worth painting the wheels black as they are nice wheels just that they are too bright. May be worth dropping the price a lil aswell

Have you try'd Autotrader or P#sstonheads?? Personely i would put the car back to stranded an sell the parts :thumbup:

I paid £3300 with 75k on a 52 plate 11mts mot/tax, FSH - 6 mts ago :giggle:

Edited by stealthVRS

Fantastic car. Can see all the time and effort that you've put into it. Im finding it difficult to sell my Leon Cupra 1.8T. People just dont want petrol cars at the moment, especially ones that have drink problems. I agree with the above comments, that at the end of the day its a 9 year old car with 90k+ miles, and although its got all the bells and whisltes, you are selling it to a select audience. Single young lads mainly, who have the same taste as yourself in modifications. Like you have stated, recoup some of your money by selling add-ons privatly. Then sell the car as standard as possible, and you will be selling to a wider audience. Good luck.

Hi Buddy you certainly look after the paintwork, very nice.

Regard to mods they are ok and not OTT so a number of members or soon to be owners might want those. It is not just a young market these cars appeal to. And you do not have to be young to want those mods. But it is more select market agreed.

Loose the light eyebrows as mentioned and change the wheels or wheel colour, black or silver for a red VRS. Seems to sit high as well, but i am used to seeing mine which is lowered.

More pics of engine bay and interior would also help as folks have said.

Also try to take a few more shots at different angles. Miles are good for the age of car. Bet it would sell much quicker if you had it for around between £2995

many thanks for all the coments

i think a price drop to £3000 and getting some different wheels like multi spokes may help

looks like it may end up standard as well but may give it another week at £3000 before i do the reverse mods to standard

i do understand it is to everyones taste and i love the wheels and i may try them on me new furby :giggle:

keep your eyes open there may be some parts coming up soon

again many thanks for all the help

you should get it converted to LPG and keep it :D makes it a much better cost to run and at 800 miles per week the conversion would be paid for in no time at all, then you will get better economy than any diesel by comparison.