First service

I bought a vRS a few months back and have had great fun clocking up 4000 miles on it so far.

Out of curiosity I checked the service interval display thins morning and it's showing about 5,500 miles to go or 9 months.

Now when I ordered the car I requested variable servicing so is this correct - is the first service fixed on a vRS regardless of wether you requested variable servicing or not?

I bought a vRS a few months back and have had great fun clocking up 4000 miles on it so far.

Out of curiosity I checked the service interval display thins morning and it's showing about 5,500 miles to go or 9 months.

Now when I ordered the car I requested variable servicing so is this correct - is the first service fixed on a vRS regardless of wether you requested variable servicing or not?

Apparently they come from the factory set to variable, so it would appear your dealer has changed it to fixed....

The service inidcator is based on the mileage, the driving style and other factors. Mine ended up being around 18,500 miles. I do mainly dual carriageway steady speed driving, but with some fast and hard in between. Maybe yours is urban and therefore affecting the service interval?

The service inidcator is based on the mileage, the driving style and other factors. Mine ended up being around 18,500 miles. I do mainly dual carriageway steady speed driving, but with some fast and hard in between. Maybe yours is urban and therefore affecting the service interval?

That's possible, but it seems suspicious that the service indicator is heading for 1 year or 9 and a bit thousand miles which is the fixed service regime...

Check the front of the your service schedule/record. On my vRS is was stamped by the dealer with when the first service was due, or that it was on variable - I can't remember off the top of my head.

I've had mine 6 weeks and done 1200 miles - the service indicator days the service is due in 600 off days or 18000 odd miles (something like that). So there is no way your car is set to variable.

Let us know what your dealer says/does. CHeers