sudden lack of power

Yesterday I going up a rather steep bank in 6th gear with cruise control on at 70 on a motorway and the car started to slow down, so I put it into 5th and used the throttle and it was still slowing I had to go into 4th to maintain its speed, it felt like it lost 100 bhp there was no bang nor was it smoking just felt like the throttle wasn’t working so I pulled in at the next services turned the engine off started it again and its been fine since done about 270 miles since, am I going to find that something is going to brake soon if so any ideas or had the computer just had a little moment and will be ok now.

• 1 month later...

It’s done it again today. so I called a garage on my way home and the mechanic said that its most likely without looking that the veins in the turbo are sticking and roughly about £600 for it to be reconditioned with new bearings and seals he is going to plug his computer on to see if its flagged any codes up I doubt it will as there were no lights on the dash or anything. if it is the turbo am I better off buying a PD150 or are they even dearer to buy or am I just getting worried about something that could turn out to be a small fix when it goes into limp mode soon as I restart the engine its fine again I did it whilst it was still on the motorway today and it works perfect again now any help or constructive suggestions would be brilliant .

Thanks

Rich

is the 'cat' ok? this happened to me a while ago on a fiesta. turns out my cat was breaking up and blocked the exhuast, thus supressing the engine. once we had stopped, all the bits of the cat settled on the bottom of the exhaust, thus allowing clear passage of exhause gasses to pass through, thus no longer supressing the engone.

apologies for the excessive use of the word 'thus'..........