Rally Hillman Avenger!

mrbushrat

Just thought I would show u my toy :rofl:

S8000301.jpg

what a damn shame ,locked away so nobody can see it ,get an m. o. t. on it and get it where it should b ,on the potholed roads .nice to see an old car though :thumbup:

Ahhh , I used to have one of these :)

My first proper car

Took engine out and put the Tiger engine in

Mmmm , that was because I put a con rod through the engine

That was when I found out that topping up the oil did not need the full 5 litres in it :giggle: oops

Oh , nice...........

Yes , get it on the road

Sarah

Ahhh , I used to have one of these :)

My first proper car

Took engine out and put the Tiger engine in

Mmmm , that was because I put a con rod through the engine

That was when I found out that topping up the oil did not need the full 5 litres in it :giggle: oops

Oh , nice...........

Yes , get it on the road

Sarah

Will soon be back on the road, she has been off while getting new engine put in!

Only the second one in the uk with this engine in so has taken awhile !!!!!

Nice. Which EMS are you running?

Mega jolt and the map has been dun by Chester Sports cars so should be good .

TB are off a 600 ninja, should be running 150-160bhp on a std engine so lots of

scope for improvement !

Only the 2nd avenger that I know of that has had a zetec put in. I fancy a 20v Toyota in my road car ! :yes:

sounds interesting B). a guy i know used to own 1 of 2 talbot (lotus) sunbeams with a n/a cosworth lump on twin 48's, it was mint and sounded awesome(went well too) but unfortunately he was a :swear: and didnt look after it and sold it for peanut's :thumbdown:

sounds interesting B). a guy i know used to own 1 of 2 talbot (lotus) sunbeams with a n/a cosworth lump on twin 48's, it was mint and sounded awesome(went well too) but unfortunately he was a :swear: and didnt look after it and sold it for peanut's :thumbdown:

They not worth peanuts now LOL Sunbeams are good on the tight stuff and Avenger are a lot more stable and better at high speed.

is the zetec 1.8 or 2.0? i've just acquired a mk3 golf gti 2.0 8v for a track car and i'm thinkin carbs ie 40's or 45's when i find out which are most suited, or bike carbs. how do you rate the bike carbs over the 40's?

cheers

si

is the zetec 1.8 or 2.0? i've just acquired a mk3 golf gti 2.0 8v for a track car and i'm thinkin carbs ie 40's or 45's when i find out which are most suited, or bike carbs. how do you rate the bike carbs over the 40's?

cheers

si

Its an 1800, not sure how they will work hopeing to get the car started on Sunday for the 1st time. The car used to have twin 40 but went up in flames a few times so that

was my reson for changing. I would do some reserch on the vag forums and see who has what and there coments.

Graeme

What jet size have you got? I read something recently that said if you're using bike carbs, you want 1mm of jet per litre of displacement, so you'd want 1.8mm jets.

Not sure on the jet size but the kit I got is off chester sports cars who build Tiger kit cars and its the kit they use in there kits

and have seen them running so cant be to bad.

Not sure on the jet size but the kit I got is off chester sports cars who build Tiger kit cars and its the kit they use in there kits

and have seen them running so cant be to bad.

I'd expect the carbs to be correctly base jetted then. Any changes shoud be minor, and the result of a dyno session.