First problem here...

ChicoItaly_Yeti

first problem here:

I came off a parking back sensor. Now I have a hole in the bumper and sensor hanging inside it :-)

In addition to any reverse is a heart attack))) BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPP, because the sensor sees few obstacles in its vicinity ...

Thursday, 8 I will have Service appointment for this problem and for:

- Trim and steering control as to immediately I noticed that the steering to march straight in a straight line is steered by a few degrees to the left. The forum Briskoda I noticed that two other specimens have this;

- Electric control and injection: cold start the engine during the first 30/40 seconds does not run round has small gaps (do not know if power or electricity) and exhaust "sbofonchia" (spof spof spof) ... After a few seconds, everything passes. Invite other owners of the 1.2 TSI to control the behavior of the engine in starting and cold-like symptoms to report. Thanks

Sorry in advance for my bad english

Regards

Edited by ChicoItaly_Yeti

Ciao Chico,

Don't worry about your English. It is miles better than most peoples Italian here.

The parking sensors are fixed with double sided tape inside the bumper, so when one gets pushed in, it lies inside the bumper and sees some parts. This is a good sign, as the send´sor is not damaged and the repair is easy as long as you can get to the sensor location - not always easy.

I had a similar problem on my Octy - a dumb hare ran out in front and was hit where there was a sensor. The fix took about 30 minutes with a lift and some fiddling around and a new piece of double sided tape.

I don't know anything about the 1.2 , but the 2.0 Diesel also occasionall has some internal CPU discussions about low engine speed control. It sorts itself out in a few seconds.

Hi!

Sorry to hear about your mishap.

I have only had my SM for two days, but I have also noticed that the engine is not as eager to start as the 1.9 TDI in my previous Roomster. The car is not difficult in any way to start, but it needs more than just one revolution of the starter to start (With the Roomster I almost had to sneak up on it with the keys hid behind my back to keep it from starting :D )and run smoothly. Today I also noticed that if I leave the ignition on for a few seconds before starting (Diesel habit, I know) the engine starts more easily. I guess it's running some sort of checks and stuff and is not in a starting mood immediately. Can you try this and the report back.

Edited by the_raz

• 5 weeks later...

Damn!

This morning, after the usual start hopping, walked a few hundred yards when I heard a couple of gaps in the delivery, I was turned on the light engine failure just as I passed a VW dealer (Crespi of Varese) until recently does skoda service !!!!!

The friendly service charge of VW where I immediately slings made me free diagnosis that gave this response "code P0171 - Bank 1 system too poor mixture composition assessment".

Are panicking!! I did not understand if the fault detected on the system of evaluation of the mixture itself (so the probe has been appointed to this task ko) or if the system reads the mixture is actually too thin!

I'll save that particular situation has arisen in this situation, close to a tragedy that struck a few days ago my family.

In Italy there is an old saying that says "Who does alone makes him like they did in three"

Anyway...

My SM is in Skoda Service Crespi (Varese - VA - Italy)

Surfing on the web i have found this about "code P0171"

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0171

Technical Description

System Too Lean (Bank 1)

What does that mean?

Basically this means that an oxygen sensor in bank 1 detected a lean condition (too much oxygen in the exhaust). On V6/V8/V10 engines, Bank 1 is the side of the engine that has cylinder #1.

Note: This DTC is very similar to P0174, and in fact your vehicle may show both codes at the same time.

Symptoms

You will more than likely not notice any drivability problems, although there may be symptoms such as a lack of power, detonation (spark knock), and/or a hesitation/surge on acceleration.

Causes

A code P0171 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

• The MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor is dirty or faulty. Note: The use of "oiled" air filters may cause the MAF to become dirty if the filter is over-oiled. There is also an issue with some vehicles where the MAF sensors leak the silicone potting material used to protect the circuitry.
  • There could be a vacuum leak downstream of the MAF sensor.

Possible Solutions

Possible solutions include:

• In the vast majority of cases, simply cleaning the MAF sensor does the trick. Consult your service manual for it's location if you need help. I find it's best to take it off and spray it with electronics cleaner or brake cleaner. Make sure you are careful not to damage the MAF sensor, and make sure it's dry before reinstalling
  • Inspect all vacuum and PCV hoses, replace if necessary
  • Check for a dirty fuel filter and proper fuel pressure

Now i'm really curious about Skoda Service answer...

Allow me also comment, but Italian users, by chance, are not welcome on this forum?

Regards

I think you are very welcome on this forum, like anybody else ;) I'm having some problems with understanding your English from time to time, but that could be me being from Norway :giggle:

When it comes to the problem with your car, I hope that it is sorted quick, and my guess would be that your car/ engine ECU needs a software update.. Every Skoda dealer ought to be able to do this, and it should be free of charge on a car as new as yours :thumbup:

Jon A

Ciao Chico,

Of course yu are welcome here. It is only that your question and how to answer it was a little difficult to understand - and therefore most of us Northerners tend to wait and see rather than jump in with a wrong assumption.

I am a Diesel kind of guy, so did not know anything helpful about you question.

Don't give up.

Hi Chico,

As Angerbundsen say's we tend to say nothing if were reasonable unsure as to the right response, last thing you need with a fault code is 'duff gen' sending you in the wrong direction.

Anyway without wishing to send you the wrong way pretty sure I've come across something regard a faulty sensor on early TSI engines and I see MAF was mentioned, this also I believe has caused issues with other motors in the VAG range in the past.

Just typed this code P0171 into the Briskoda search which has thrown up a number of hits such as My link

Hope that helps but I'm sure your Monster must still be under warranty so I would get a authorised Skoda repairer to look at it. Not sure how things work with dealers in Italy or there spread across your country, so I appreciate that might be easier said than done.

Regards,

TP

Hi Chico,

give a look to <This Link>. :thumbup:

It could be (I hope so) a good info source for the fault resolution...

ciao

About my injector dead, Your link indicate that:

Common Problems That Trigger the P0171 and P0174 Code