VCDS and Yeti (5L)

the_raz

Hi All,

An old thread revisited, but I thought it might be a good idea to keep VCDS related issues in one place.

I am trying to activate locking and unlocking confirmation via the horn but it does not seem to work. Could it be that the car must have the factory alarm option in order to get the beep?

Regards,

Jon

Could it be that the car must have the factory alarm option in order to get the beep?

Yes the chirps are done from the alarm siren not the horn, so if you have no alarm fitted (or the siren is not working) then you will not get any confirmation chirps.

Yes the chirps are done from the alarm siren not the horn, so if you have no alarm fitted (or the siren is not working) then you will not get any confirmation chirps.

You also don't need VCDS. If you have Maxidot the menu is called "ATA confirm". Tick that.

Thanks for the info guys. No chirps for me then as I skipped the Alarm together with the steel pedals from the list of available options. Added all the others though. :)

One more question for the experts; I would very much like to have the cruise control display as shown in post #1.

Some info:

Controller: 0 -- 5L0 920 840 H -- KOMBI H21 0420

My coding is: 120E01

Adaptation channel 10 changed successfully to active but no display. Am I missing something?

Regards,

Jon

Jon the only thing you are missing is a petrol engine.... as the coding unfortunately does not work on diesel engined cars emoticon-0106-crying.gif

I see. Thank you very much for the information. Petrol is out of the question by the way. Coming from an Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Tiptronic (US Spec) i really appreciate the diesel's mpg. :)

Regards,

Jon

• 6 months later...

When I first heard about the Cruise Control Display, I applied it with success to MY10 Yeti 1.2 TSI DSG7 Experience with Cruise Control and Maxi Dot Display.

I also applied successfully the Speedo/rev. needle staging.

Since then, I visited twice the dealership for two software updates regarding the engine and turbo.

Before my first visit, I undid the above VCDS mods just to be on the safe side.

The problem is that after the engine software update, the Cruise Control Display will not come up again despite the fact that the coding is being applied successfully.

The staging mod works fine just like before the updates.

Any idea what could have happened?

Does anyone face the same situation?

When I first heard about the Cruise Control Display, I applied it with success to MY10 Yeti 1.2 TSI DSG7 Experience with Cruise Control and Maxi Dot Display.

Since then, I visited twice the dealership for two software updates regarding the engine and turbo.

The problem is that after the engine software update, the Cruise Control Display will not come up again despite the fact that the coding is being applied successfully.

Alas we tried the cruise control display on my Yeti and it refuses to show. I don't know of anyone on a Yeti that has been able to get it to work.

Alas we tried the cruise control display on my Yeti and it refuses to show. I don't know of anyone on a Yeti that has been able to get it to work.

The thing is that mine worked for a while, then after the update, no CCdisplay.... :-(

The thing is that mine worked for a while, then after the update, no CCdisplay.... :-(

I was aware that it would work on the petrol engines (only) bit of a bugger that the update has stopped it again.

The telephone beoing can also be turned off in VCDS.

As can the seatbelt bong as well.

The coming home lights can be changed from the xenons to the fog lights as well.

I know these are covered elsewhere, just keeping them all in one place.

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to reset the panoramic roof on the Yeti to stop in the ventilation position i.e. when it has tilted and is open at the rear?

No need for that. There is a standard setting to do this. The outer ring of the sunroof button has a little lip closest to the driver. Pulling that outer ring up or down at the lip opens and closes the sunroof to the ventilation position. This is the postion I leave the sunroof in when I park the car on a warm day (to let the warm air escape). So this year I will never use it of course, since we now live in Monsoonsville.

Same problems here, CC in display (MFD not Maxidot) works fine, but after the turbo software update CC is gone :devil:

• 3 weeks later...

There were some discussions regarding this in the Yeti forums, and if I remember correctly (I can't find the links right now) the conclusion was that for the new engine control software the CC display is no longer available for the Yeti (feature saved for more expensive cars??)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

My yeti came without the option of Auto Lights. My yeti does have the rain sensors though. After enough information now I figured that replacing the regular Light Switch with the Auto Light Switch can make auto lights work.

Now I have managed to retrofit the auto light switch, but I get an error message for the Light Switch in the Diagnostics scan. I require the Vag coding for this.

Any help?

Thanks!

• 3 years later...

Yes its an old thread but still god. I have just make the 3 steps as told in the top and still in a 2016 version Yeti its works...

Thx alot, now i dont need to pay the Skoda dealer 600,- £ or about 6200,- danish kroner for this

Edited by offenbach