Blue Bullet DRL Version 2

• 4 months later...

Well as i said on the last thread i was still not quite happy with the look. The lights i installed still looked too Chavstyle fairy lights for me.

So i went on the hunt and found these

OEM Style DRL Clicky

Well i ordered them yesterday and they came today (being UK based is a Bonus)

Wiring and everything is Exactly the same as before so bonus that no need to rewire stuff.

These are them fitted. Ignore the holes as thats where i removed the others from and i am picking up some new grilles tomorrow.

IMG_0106.jpg

Now a pic of them Working - massive difference.

IMG_0102.jpg

And just to show by comparison the difference to the old ones

IMG_0099.jpg

So im am well chuffed. The guy who runs the company i had a chat with today and he sent me some pics of them fitted to a Porsche so if they are good enough for Porsche they are good enough for me.

Also for £45 delivered i am well impressed versus the £200+ for OEM style EACH. I've ordered another set for the Silver Slingshot which will be here tomorrow.

Comments good or bad welcome

Hello there, I know its an old post of yours where you've fitted DRLs in your front bumper but I've just

seen this post. I'm interested in fitting a pair of these DRLs to my Octavia VRS TDi PD mk2 (2007 '57-PLATE).

Where did you buy the DRLs from and how do you fit them so that the brightness 'dims' down when you switch your headlights on?

Your help would be greatfully appreciated!

Cheers

Hi mate.

I wouldn't recommend these anymore as the seals don't last on them and you need to do a fair bit to seal them.

I would recommend these as i fitted them to my L&K and they are far better quality and although a lot more expensive well worth it

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/car-accessories-products/lighting-accessories/daytime-running-lights/?475770090&0&cc5_754

They have jumped about £40 in price since i got them but the Briskoda Discount code should work.

Here is a fitting video

I still have the original ones fitted, yes there were issues with them getting condensed, but after drilling a couple of drainage holes in the underside of the lenses they have been fine, you can get them here. If you really want them to dim with the dipped beam then you will have to go for the ones in Carls link. With mine they turn off when the dipped beam comes on, which imo looks better. :thumbup:

Hi mate.

I wouldn't recommend these anymore as the seals don't last on them and you need to do a fair bit to seal them.

I would recommend these as i fitted them to my L&K and they are far better quality and although a lot more expensive well worth it

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/car-accessories-products/lighting-accessories/daytime-running-lights/?475770090&0&cc5_754

They have jumped about £40 in price since i got them but the Briskoda Discount code should work.

Here is a fitting video

• 2 weeks later...

I still have the original ones fitted, yes there were issues with them getting condensed, but after drilling a couple of drainage holes in the underside of the lenses they have been fine, you can get them here. If you really want them to dim with the dipped beam then you will have to go for the ones in Carls link. With mine they turn off when the dipped beam comes on, which imo looks better. emoticon-0148-yes.gif

I know its a bit of a late reply but please could you give me some vasic instructions on exactly how you wired your DRLs in? Ive gone for these that you've got but don't want to spend forever trying to fit htem and ruin my wiring in my car!!!

Cheers!

I know its a bit of a late reply but please could you give me some vasic instructions on exactly how you wired your DRLs in? Ive gone for these that you've got but don't want to spend forever trying to fit htem and ruin my wiring in my car!!!

Cheers!

There should be 3 wires, red, black and yellow, the black goes to the negative side of the battery, the red needs splicing in to an ignition live on the headlight - I think this is wire number 1 on the plug - so they come on with the ignition, and the yellow control wire will splice in to another headlight wire so the DRL's turn off when dipped beams are turned on iirc number 10.

If you can wait until tomorrow I will pull out one of my headlights and PM you exactly which wires need splicing, I may even take some pictures. ;)

There should be 3 wires, red, black and yellow, the black goes to the negative side of the battery, the red needs splicing in to an ignition live on the headlight - I think this is wire number 1 on the plug - so they come on with the ignition, and the yellow control wire will splice in to another headlight wire so the DRL's turn off when dipped beams are turned on iirc number 10.

If you can wait until tomorrow I will pull out one of my headlights and PM you exactly which wires need splicing, I may even take some pictures. ;)

Cheers for this mate, I really appreciate it. Yes I can wait until tomorrow-that's great. Just out of interest, to keep it legal do the DRLs need to go off with the dipped beams or sidelights? It would be good to keep them legal! Cheers again for your help on this. :thumbup: