Big Big Problems !

Hi tonight i locked my octy vrs mk1 off the fob and it locked ok.On returning to the car pressed fob and nothing happened....tried another battery in fob but still nothing...so the car was sitting there with no way of me opening it.....AA came out but couldnt do anything..in the end we had to break drivers window to get into the car.....i could then open all the doors from inside no problem?? thats weird as it should of been deadlocked. and the car started fine.....i now have to lock doors manually as central locking still wont work does anyone have any idea whats wrong? oh and if you put key in drivers door lock it does nothing it wont lock or unlock and has always been that way,but that doesnt matter cos who unlocks a car with the key these days.

Edited by raptornexus

Hi tonight i locked my octy vrs mk1 off the fob and it locked ok.On returning to the car pressed fob and nothing happened....tried another battery in fob but still nothing...so the car was sitting there with no way of me opening it.....AA came out but couldnt do anything..in the end we had to break drivers window to get into the car.....i could then open all the doors from inside no problem?? thats weird as it should of been deadlocked. and the car started fine.....i now have to lock doors manually as central locking still wont work does anyone have any idea whats wrong? oh and if you put key in drivers door lock it does nothing it wont lock or unlock and has always been that way,but that doesnt matter cos who unlocks a car with the key these days.

/

have u had it on vag com,showing any electrical faults?

sounds like you need to recode the key to the car,

think it tells you how to do this in the owners manual.

can you use the rear hatch lock if your front door lock doesnt work?

thats what i did when i recoded mine as i have delocked the front.

sounds like you need to recode the key to the car,

think it tells you how to do this in the owners manual.

can you use the rear hatch lock if your front door lock doesnt work?

thats what i did when i recoded mine as i have delocked the front.

boot is locked shut and there is no lock there to put a key in.....how do u re-encode key i dont have a manual cheers

Going by memory you need to have two keys, one to put in the ignition and the new key you are trying to encode.

1. Put key in the ignition and turn it to position one

2. Close drivers side door and lock the door manually with the key you're trying to encode.

3. Remove the key from the door then press the remote "lock" button until the lights flash.

4. Hold down the remote "unlock" button for a few seconds until the lights flash twice and the car unlocks

5. The new key should now be encoded to the car

Edited by chicken_eyebrow

Going by memory you need to have two keys, one to put in the ignition and the new key you are trying to encode.

1. Put key in the ignition and turn it to position one

2. Close drivers side door and lock the door manually with the key you're trying to encode.

3. Remove the key from the door then press the remote "lock" button until the lights flash.

4. Hold down the remote "unlock" button for a few seconds until the lights flash twice and the car unlocks

5. The new key should now be encoded to the car

ive only got one key

You'll need to get another one made up then. I take it this car didn't come from a dealer if you only got one key and the boot has been de-locked?

One of my mates lost both keys to his VRS and had to get an auto locksmith to cut a new key to the lock barrel and then make up two remote keys from that. They should be able to code the new remotes to the car, this guy did. It cost over £200 for two remote keys though.

You'll need to get another one made up then. I take it this car didn't come from a dealer if you only got one key and the boot has been de-locked?

One of my mates lost both keys to his VRS and had to get an auto locksmith to cut a new key to the lock barrel and then make up two remote keys from that. They should be able to code the new remotes to the car, this guy did. It cost over £200 for two remote keys though.

no i bought it privately........doors and boot open on central locking now fine from inside car on drivers panel....but not remote...cant it be done by vag-com with just this one key?

About £100 from a Skoda dealer or auto locksmith. Thats for a remote key. For just a normal key I think its a bit cheaper.

If you take it to a dealer they might be able to find out why the existing key doesn't work in the drivers door lock (possibly the lock barrel has been replaced at some point and it doesn't match the ignition barrel which the key is for). The key does need to be able to work in that lock for pairing new keys, and also for resetting the one-touch windows if the battery is ever disconnected.

VAG-Com can be used to code new keys to the immobiliser so you can start the car with them but not to open the door mechanically or remotely, that has to be done via the key in the door method.

About £100 from a Skoda dealer or auto locksmith. Thats for a remote key. For just a normal key I think its a bit cheaper.

If you take it to a dealer they might be able to find out why the existing key doesn't work in the drivers door lock (possibly the lock barrel has been replaced at some point and it doesn't match the ignition barrel which the key is for). The key does need to be able to work in that lock for pairing new keys, and also for resetting the one-touch windows if the battery is ever disconnected.

VAG-Com can be used to code new keys to the immobiliser so you can start the car with them but not to open the door mechanically or remotely, that has to be done via the key in the door method.

so if key has become uncoded from the car...how can i start and drive it?....also key will fit in drivers door lock and will turn both ways but wont lock or unlock

Edited by raptornexus

Your key is still coded to the immobiliser and the blade of the key still matches the ignition barrel so you can still start the car.

But it sounds like the blade has never matched the drivers lock barrel, and now it is no longer paired to the reciever for the remote closure.

Your key is still coded to the immobiliser and the blade of the key still matches the ignition barrel so you can still start the car.

But it sounds like the blade has never matched the drivers lock barrel, and now it is no longer paired to the reciever for the remote closure.

ok thanks mate :)

All fixed and back to normal and didnt cost a penny.....drivers door lock barrel wasnt in lock properly so as soon as i was able to turn and lock the drivers lock with the key,the central locking started working off the fob again....happy days :)