Reversing assist

Can anyone tell me where the control gear is located for the reversing assist. Would it be a relay to the rigt of the accelerator pedal and if so is thiis operated by a switch when you select 1st gear? Just had a thought are the wing mirrors also connected into the same system?

Any pointers would be appreciated

Can anyone tell me where the control gear is located for the reversing assist. Would it be a relay to the rigt of the accelerator pedal and if so is thiis operated by a switch when you select 1st gear? Just had a thought are the wing mirrors also connected into the same system?

Any pointers would be appreciated

is it the Superb II forum you're after?

It was the use of the term

reversing assist.

that threw me too, I guess you mean the rear parking sensors.

I suspect the reversing sensor ecu is triggered by the convenience ECU when you select reverse and therefore not a simple circuit to check, the mirrors are controlled by the convenience module too.

Hi Cledwin / Samm I am worried now that u have mentioned ECU because I have had water ingress problems though I did think I had caught it before any damage had been done. I bought 1 of these Elsa service dvd off Ebay but have been unable to load it & was unable to get any help from the seller. So it looks like I will have to live with it What really p.........es me off is that I took the car into my local whilst still under guarantee for repair, no mention of the cause (water ingress) which if I had been told about the problem I would have made sure it didn,t happen again

Thanks for your replies

Tel

Hi Cledwin / Samm I am worried now that u have mentioned ECU because I have had water ingress problems though I did think I had caught it before any damage had been done. I bought 1 of these Elsa service dvd off Ebay but have been unable to load it & was unable to get any help from the seller. So it looks like I will have to live with it What really p.........es me off is that I took the car into my local whilst still under guarantee for repair, no mention of the cause (water ingress) which if I had been told about the problem I would have made sure it didn,t happen again

Thanks for your replies

Tel

Just a note on the Elsa DVD, I dont think it works on Windows 7 if thats what you are running. Runs fine on XP or possibly XP mode for windows 7.

Just a note on the Elsa DVD, I dont think it works on Windows 7 if thats what you are running. Runs fine on XP or possibly XP mode for windows 7.

Hi Ian

Yes I am running XP, the good news is someone has sorted out the Elsa problem (download an older version of Adobe? & a problem with Hard----something) but, there isn,t anything on the electrics! perhaps Zeecue can help me out!

Thanks

Tel