Has anyone driven the new fabia vrs?

Hi, has anyone driven a new fabia vrs yet? There is a stunning green one with black alloys in dealership in liverpool. looks fab. Could be future little brother for my octavia vrs. Going to arrange a test drive. Be interested in anyone's feedback.

Cheers, Nath

bit more detail needed. how it compair to old fabia vrs?

I am in my Octavia vRS this morning. I intend to exercise the Fabia all weekend and will give you more detail. However over the old car it is obviously alot faster and has better build quality. Technology moves on I suppose.

However over the old car it is obviously alot faster and has better build quality. Technology moves on I suppose.

How about the materials used - dash, door handles etc? The same as the rest of the Mk2 range, I imagine.

I am in my Octavia vRS this morning. I intend to exercise the Fabia all weekend and will give you more detail. However over the old car it is obviously alot faster and has better build quality. Technology moves on I suppose.

hi there i went for a test drive of the new vrs this morning green with black wheels it looked great ,people say whats it like to the old mk1 ,they are 2 totaly different cars i have a vrs mk1 re- mapped and dropped it has only 49000 on the clock i love it ,but the new car feels faster ,smother ,better built ,handles better ,the gear box is a dream the engine is un real very quick and that is in drive not sport mode, when i put it in sport it dropped 2 gears and was ready to play it so made me smile just like my mk1 5 years ago .people who are slagin the car of should go and test drive it and if they dont like it they dont like driving .all the people who say it looks to much like the fabia 2, the old one did apart from a front spoiler and rear spoiler sound familiar .i orded one end of june white black roof and black /chrome wheels will be getting it mid september i was told today .the car is worth ever penny if you can go and buy a fiat for the same price go do it but you will miss out on a very very special car ,i know you may think iam bias but if the drive today was bad i would have let them keep my deposit and told you all how crap the car is .

Edited by sadhan

hi there i went for a test drive of the new vrs this morning green with black wheels it looked great ,people say whats it like to the old mk1 ,they are 2 totaly different cars i have a vrs mk1 re- mapped and dropped it has only 49000 on the clock i love it ,but the new car feels faster ,smother ,better built ,handles better ,the gear box is a dream the engine is un real very quick and that is in drive not sport mode, when i put it in sport it dropped 2 gears and was ready to play it so made me smile just like my mk1 5 years ago .people who are slagin the car of should go and test drive it and if they dont like it they dont like driving .all the people who say it looks to much like the fabia 2, the old one did apart from a front spoiler and rear spoiler sound familiar .i orded one end of june white black roof and black /chrome wheels will be getting it mid september i was told today .the car is worth ever penny if you can go and buy a fiat for the same price go do it but you will miss out on a very very special car ,i know you may think iam bias but if the drive today was bad i would have let them keep my deposit and told you all how crap the car is .

The car is great isn't it? I keep making excuses to my wife to go a drive in it. Going to the bank, going to the shop etc lol. I really enjoy driving it.

I drove one on Friday, was having some tyres fitted to my 1.4 Tdi sport and the sales man asked if I wanted drive - silly question, think he just wanted an excuse to take it out again.

Got to say I was really impressed, road holding & ride are excellent, also road noise quieter,still a bit of wind noise though, I drove the same route in mine after ( quite twisty in places) and the Vrs certainly was much much better planted on the road.

It seemed very quick - no it was very quick, the power is instant & just kept coming up to 7000 rpm, hugely impressed with the gear change even in auto mode, and the paddle shift is brilliant.

Looked at the mpg when the salesman was giving it some beans - 18mpg !, however when he was just driving it was already in 7th gear and poodling along at 50mph so seemed to be a very well sorted system,

This car is going to make a lot of Skoda sceptics sit up and notice.

Build quality seems to still be very good, liked the pedals and door sills but not different enough from the normal interior - wants more than just the seats.

I would say its a bargain at the price especially with 0% finance.

Would not buy one though - all that performance would be wasted on an old diesel head like me but would consider the 1.6 diesel with that g/box - its a dream!