Car Tax on the Web

bertJ

I did mine the week before last on the Thursday afternoon. Disc arrived the following Monday :thumbup:

Splendid idea IMHO' date=' saved visiting the Post Office and having to come into contact with the poor and the coffin dodgers in their cardies who smell of wee (no offence Den ;) ).

The butler was most grateful :D[/quote']OTOH I feel really sorry for the effluent self-employed middle-aged of today who have endless time to sit at their PCs looking to find ways to avoid going out of the front door into the real world - except of course when they need to visit their doctor for some more Proctosol to ease the discomfort from sitting too long. ;)

OTOH I feel really sorry for the effluent self-employed middle-aged of today who have endless time to sit at their PCs looking to find ways to avoid going out of the front door into the real world - except of course when they need to visit their doctor for some more Proctosol to ease the discomfort from sitting too long. ;)

Oh so true.Makes me smile watching the 'sainsbury's online' truck doing home delivery to those who must have an incredibly ghostly pallor ;)

No way will I be doing this on-line. I do all I can to support our village post office and will continue to renew there. A lot of people don't seem to realise small post offices can offer this service nowadays. I only found out when I went for some stamps and the person in front of me renewed their RFL.

My village post office - 200 yards down the road - isn't allowed to do RFL because there is a main post office 2 miles down the road in town. Strangely, there is also a post office the other side of town but within 2 miles which does do RFL.

No way will I be doing this on-line. I do all I can to support our village post office and will continue to renew there. A lot of people don't seem to realise small post offices can offer this service nowadays. I only found out when I went for some stamps and the person in front of me renewed their RFL.

The only post office by me that does car tax is the main one in the town centre , so to drive there , park , and then wait in the queue along with everyone else taxing cars (half of which haven't got the right documents and then argue) and the usual line of living dead , means that it can take an hour for something that can be done online in 2 minutes.

DVLs's online site is working now. However I have jus discovered that my son doesn't have a new style MOT certificate for his car, nor can I find the certificate of insurance so that I can tax it at a PO instead.

The only post office by me that does car tax is the main one in the town centre , so to drive there , park , and then wait in the queue along with everyone else taxing cars (half of which haven't got the right documents and then argue) and the usual line of living dead , means that it can take an hour for something that can be done online in 2 minutes.

I think you're missing the point Dr.

Not at all.

If my local post office did car tax I'd use it as it's 300 yards from my house and never has any queues.

Of course it never has any queues as the staff there were useless (and it never did tax) so everyone avoided it and then Royal Mail closed it.

Not at all.

If my local post office did car tax I'd use it as it's 300 yards from my house and never has any queues.

Of course it never has any queues as the staff there were useless (and it never did tax) so everyone avoided it and then Royal Mail closed it.

Just don't judge all local POs by your own experience. :thumbdwn: :P

BTW what's it like to be near drowning in cynicism? :D

DVLs's online site is working now. However I have jus discovered that my son doesn't have a new style MOT certificate for his car, nor can I find the certificate of insurance so that I can tax it at a PO instead.

Just saw this thread and thought I'd go take a squint see what all the fuss was about :D

was greeted by this message :-

Welcome to the DVLA's Vehicle Licensing Online

I am sorry the service is currently unavailable due to essential maintenance.

It would seem the gremlins are still bouncing around the system somewhere :rofl:

Course it could have something to do with the time of day :P