Octavia vRS Tdi

I'm new here so, morning all.....:)

I currently drive an Ibiza TDi, excellent car, but just a bit too small for me, so at the end of the year she is getting swapped.....:rolleyes: Some of you may be aware that the Leon is coming out in a TDi 150 Cupra form towards the end of the year or early next year, which I am thinking of buying...... however I was just wondering if anyone knew of any plans to bring this engine out as an Octavia vRS at around the same time, so I can at least have a choice of car:)

Any help would be appreciated

Steve:cheers:

Hi Steve and welcome to Briskoda.

Skoda have just launched the 130 PD Octy which is a hoot to drive I don't think they have any other plans for the Octavia range this year cos the new shape is out next year. The new Fabia vRS 150 TDi would be worth considering (if skoda ever get round to launching it) if your after a oil burner, looks great in the pics.

Cheers m8 Des

Welcome Steve.

Just a quick question for you. Are you on seatenthusiasts cos I recognise the avatar and name?

Have to say I haven't heard that they will be putting the PD engines in the Octavia vRS.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to correct you on the Fabs details there Des. It's only going to be the PD130 engine! :p On the upside though. It can be Jabba'd to 185 brake! :D

I only know this because I thought about changing, but I think I will stick with my little beast. Could never make a diesel sound like mine does! :cool:

Graeme

Originally posted by fab16v in this post

I'm afraid I'm going to have to correct you on the Fabs details there Des. It's only going to be the PD130 engine!

BLOODY SKODA have to spoil all are fun. :mad:

Thanks for the update.;)

Fab 16v

You can order an Octy now with the tdi PD130 engine , it is only availible with the Elegance (2wd only) and L&K trim levels , both in Hatch and Estate forms. AFAIK there are no plans to use the PD150 Engine in the Skoda range , probably coz 'Big Brother' (ie VAG) wants SEAT to be 'sporty' and Skoda to be 'family humdrum bread and butter' type cars....which is aslo the reason for the rediculous decision to fit the Ibiza Cupra (no top line motorsport interest) withe the 150 PD , and the Fabia vRS (VAG's topline showroom race program via the WRC) with the 130PD...now theres a sensible marketing plan...........NOT!!!...

I completely agree with you Dmac. Why not stick something a little bit more pokey in the Fabia seen as it's gonna be spearheading the rally programme! A nice PD150 or even a 1.8T! Now theres a thought - 180bhp in a Fabia. :p

I'd certainly want one! Might even try that route myself if they won't do it. :cool::D

My wants a 1.8T Fabia! - and I'm going to keep on throwing my toys out the pram until I get one!

I've decided to test drive a Fabia RS at my dealer as soon as they become available. I see no harm in at least seeing what its like, even if I'm never likely to get one for myself :)