Door panel clips

Help I need somebody - was'nt that a song??

Whilst doing a door carrier fix on my vrs beater, the plastic door clips around the bottom of the door that slot into the door to hold the panel in place broke getting the b'stard thing out. Does anyone know whether I can order these online anywhere or is it a back to skoda parts desk job???

I mean fancy the carriers needing resealing on a car that is only 5 years old - its bleeding ridiculous. It's a skoda honestly as the sticker says - what a heap...

Cheers my dears

Gayboy

Although not from Skoda, I've needed them before from other car makers and they are cheap enough from a dealer parts department. Got them in bags of 20.

Personally I'd go to a dealer as they are cheap and there are a few different types.

They nearly always break, it's not just a Skoda thing.

You can save them by getting the correct removal tool, but you still may break the odd off one.

The ones I got from a dealer recently appeared to be improved design compared to the old ones and less likely to break, plus they had the rubber bits integrated.

TPS: under £1 for a bag of 12 (alternatively, a dealer, who will charge somewhere south of £2 for the same bag).

Blame VW for the porous sealing of the door carrier - it's been an issue across the range (my friend's Golf had the same problem). :(

Better clips are the stud and socket style. The socket fits into the metal bodywork and the stud on the trim panel. They don't break and are re-sealable many times. Halfords used to sell them but I have seen any in my local branch for a while now.