De-Wiper the rear

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I done mine about a year ago with a flat rubber gromet. Looks much cleaner, who has problems driving a supermini without a totally clean rear window?! Pmsl Bit worrying

Matt

Could you tell me where you got the rubber grommet from, as although i like the glass one i don't think it will work on tinted windows because of the colour difference.

Isaac

I loves my back wiper, I do.. Sometimes I look around and I think i'm the only person that uses it on the roads. It's the Polo one btw.

The thing with this mod is.. it can't be done solo or it's not really worth it.. I think a full de-badge is the minimum required to approach the smooth look this mods all about. Or at least remove the Fabia/vRS badge and reaplce the Skoda badge with a black one?

Edited by Rob.

My car... Standard wiper.

Mrs Grr... Polo wiper.

Polo one is a much smaller/lighter effort than the standard part.

Wipe area is a little smaller than standard but it looks loads better on the car.

I will be changing mine too when I have a spare 25 odd quid.

Also it's worth noting that the Fabia rear wiper arms are in demand from Ibiza

drivers as an upgrade/mod to the flimsy one fitted to those cars.

Worth around £15-£20 second hand on cupranet so you should be able to recoup most

of the cost of replacing it with the polo one.

Wouldn't it be easier to just buy a 4 door Saloon .They came from the factory without a rear wiper and are not really needed any way.Front wipers yes but can't see point of rear ones.Never had a car with them

Edited by Toots

Wouldn't it be easier to just buy a 4 door Saloon .They came from the factory without a rear wiper and are not really needed any way.Front wipers yes but can't see point of rear ones.Never had a car with them

No Cos that would mean i own a saloon..... and i like to actually be able to get things in my boot without having to squash them to 6 inched tall :rofl:

No Cos that would mean i own a saloon..... and i like to actually be able to get things in my boot without having to squash them to 6 inched tall :rofl:

You've got it wrong there.I often carry things in my saloon boot for my mate that he can't get in his hatchback boot with passengers in the back.The saloon boot is much bigger.Ok I will agree that with the back seats down you can get more in a hatchback,but if you have 4 up the boot is far too small

You've got it wrong there.I often carry things in my saloon boot for my mate that he can't get in his hatchback boot with passengers in the back.The saloon boot is much bigger.Ok I will agree that with the back seats down you can get more in a hatchback,but if you have 4 up the boot is far too small

Bloody ugly tho isnt it?? :rofl:

Matt

Never had a car with them

That's exactly why you can't see the point... Once you've wiped your rear it's a habit you can't easily quit.

Just out of interst.. you don't live around Rochdale, do you? I was up there a couple of weekends ago and saw 3 saloons! (one, quite poorly pimped on RS8 wheels).. I've never seen so many Fabia saloons... I, actually, don't mind the saloon and think it can look quite nice, but would miss my hatch (and it's wiper). I had to move a small arm chair once... straight in the boot it went.. didn't even scrape the sides.

Edited by Rob.

Back on track!

going to see how i get on with the polo wiper look. :thumbup:

Just been to my local VW stealers and got 'Polo 2007 rear wiper' Arm, Blade and bottom cover all for £28 incl VAT.

Although he didnt have the little plasic cover in gotta go and pick that up. :smirk: (mr plod wont like it without)

How hard is the arm to get off? cos i notice its not splined it tapered on :S

Mine came off with some WD40 and wiggling..

Have you read up on how to modify the bolt cap? It needs the bottom trimming by about 5 - 6 mm to fit.. it's dead obvious what needs doing when you do the job because the rear window stops it from clipping down.. in fact, If I remember correctly, it's a simple case of trimming off the obvious lip so it's flat bottomed? could be wrong on my remembering there though.

If my memory serves me right...

*Remove plastics cover off wiper arm

*Remove supporting nut

*Spray on WD-40

*Wiggle it, just a little bit, I wanna see you wiggle it B) --> allow patience for this, its a B!**h!

*Open the boot and carefully remove the plastic cover

*Remove the nuts supporting the motor

*Remove the motor

*Clean the hole and apply your gromit ideally with some sort of sealant

*Put the plastic cover back on

Mine came off with some WD40 and wiggling..

Have you read up on how to modify the bolt cap? It needs the bottom trimming by about 5 - 6 mm to fit.. it's dead obvious what needs doing when you do the job because the rear window stops it from clipping down.. in fact, If I remember correctly, it's a simple case of trimming off the obvious lip so it's flat bottomed? could be wrong on my remembering there though.

oh yea i rememberd about that.... Well 'GRRR666' reminded me :giggle: a hot blade should make that look nice :thumbup:

If my memory serves me right...

*Remove plastics cover off wiper arm

*Remove supporting nut

*Spray on WD-40

*Wiggle it, just a little bit, I wanna see you wiggle it B) --> allow patience for this, its a B!**h!

*Open the boot and carefully remove the plastic cover

*Remove the nuts supporting the motor

*Remove the motor

*Clean the hole and apply your gromit ideally with some sort of sealant

*Put the plastic cover back on

Oh that one is handy too! :thumbup:

Remove the Vrs Badge, close up the number plate recess so just the numberplate is recessed and that will have a better ares than j.lo had :thumbup:

lol im a bit past them games with body work, most of my time is spend on the engine side of things rather than asthetics tbh. but cheers for the feedback. :)

That's exactly why you can't see the point... Once you've wiped your rear it's a habit you can't easily quit.

Just out of interst.. you don't live around Rochdale, do you? I was up there a couple of weekends ago and saw 3 saloons! (one, quite poorly pimped on RS8 wheels).. I've never seen so many Fabia saloons... I, actually, don't mind the saloon and think it can look quite nice, but would miss my hatch (and it's wiper). I had to move a small arm chair once... straight in the boot it went.. didn't even scrape the sides.

No I live in Norwich and am on my 2nd saloon,but will not be replacing it as Skoda in there wisdom no longer make a saloon BOO HOO

I took mine off and used the glass gromet from venom motorsport. literally was a 15 min job... and looks really good. Drop me PM if you'd like a picture... i really can't be bothered to go to the trouble of posting a pic here if it's just going to be called a McDonald's mod...

- Duggie.