Is it woth swapping to FL vRS from 07 vRS

Hi folks, I currently have an 07 vRS hatch 2.0T petrol (Race Blue) and am debating whether to get a FL vRS combi before the VAT free deal ends. Are there many benefits to the FL version as I prefer the looks of the one I have, which has been excellent in all respects. I have kept it for the longest time I have ever owned a car and still enjoy driving it now.

We now have two children and I think that the combis extra height at the back would probably be benficial as with a dog gaurd it can be loaded quite high. Also is the engine of the FL version the same as the old one or is it the same as the one in the Mk6 Golf GTI but rated as less power?

Sorry if these questions have been covered previously on the forum but all responses gratefully recieved!

Edited by BlueRSedFly

Hi mate,

I am in a similar boat. I have a 2008 petrol 2.0 vRS. Had it for 14 happy months.

Loved every mile of it.

Now I am ready to order my next vRS petrol FL on monday morning.

Hurry though as delivery times are dangerously close to the end of December when the offer ends.

I am paranoid that I will be shafted for the VAT if its delivered late (ie January)

Hi folks, I currently have an 07 vRS hatch 2.0T petrol (Race Blue) and am debating whether to get a FL vRS combi before the VAT free deal ends. Are there many benefits to the FL version as I prefer the looks of the one I have, which has been excellent in all respects. I have kept it for the longest time I have ever owned a car and still enjoy driving it now.

We now have two children and I think that the combis extra height at the back would probably be benficial as with a dog gaurd it can be loaded quite high. Also is the engine of the FL version the same as the old one or is it the same as the one in the Mk6 Golf GTI but rated as less power?

Sorry if these questions have been covered previously on the forum but all responses gratefully recieved!

I believe your car has the TFSI engine while the FL is the new TSI engine. So you will be getting a different engine (also I think it is now chain driven so should save a little on cam belt changes).

I have just moved from th hatch to the combi and it is definately easier with my kid in the back.

swapped my 56 plate vRS petrol for a new FL vRS petrol and it drives like a different car altogether! (old car had done covered 90k however) feels faster too and pulls at lower revs! and is more economical! benefits of the new engine!?+ FL has much better interior and I prefer the the FL wheels, easier to clean..

Did the same last week took delivery of my new black VRS FL 2.0TSI and traded in my 06 blue VRS 2.0TFSI, didn’t test drive so whole new experience and to be honest with you I'm loving it. The fact the car is new helps because everything is tight, clean and rattle free but the new look, feel and improvements have finished the VRS off nicely. As for the engine is does feel a little smoother and drivability is about the same but it's early days as to overall difference in engine performance and efficiency as I’ve only done a couple of hundred miles in it so far…..

I was tempted by the VAT free offer to trade my 07 vRS petrol hatch for a FL vRS when my PCP ended last month but in the end paid the balloon payment to keep my existing car. I'm hoping for a couple of years of low cost motoring and it should still be worth enough in two years time to make me a decent deposit for a new car.

The FL looks good, especially the Neptune alloys, but I think its just different rather than than better. Full leather would be nice, but there's always Seat Surgeons.