Creaking during deceleration

I have recently heard a creaking when coming off the throttle and coasting in gear, has anyone else experienced something similar?

I had my rear bushes on both front wishbones replaced a couple of weeks ago, so might be something to do with those, however it sounds too loud like it's inside the cabin.

Any help would be most welcome.

Cheers

Edited post: The creaking is happening at any speed as soon as I take my foot off the accelerator. As soon as I apply the brake it goes again. It sounds like it is coming from the front of the car on the drivers side, behind the dashboard or lower down. It's hard to pinpoint but more like it's lower down.

Edited by JD_Besty

I have updated my post to give more details of the annoying creaking that I'm experiencing.

Thanks for the pointers so far, any more would be most useful. It's due a MOT at the end of the month so will get the garage to take a look at it then.

Cheers

Reminds me of an Allegro I used to run that had a towbar fitted.

It too creaked when off the throttle, turned out that the back end of the car had been pulled out by the huge caravan the previous owner used each weekend - it was so far out of square that the rear doors catches only just caught!

He was invited to buy it back off me :giggle:

Not got a towbar fitted has it ? Just curious ;)

Reminds me of an Allegro I used to run that had a towbar fitted.

It too creaked when off the throttle, turned out that the back end of the car had been pulled out by the huge caravan the previous owner used each weekend - it was so far out of square that the rear doors catches only just caught!

He was invited to buy it back off me :giggle:

Not got a towbar fitted has it ? Just curious ;)

No I don't have a towbar fitted, so don't think my rear end is all out of shape, haven't done anything to cause it to so. Thanks for the information b1ackb1rd!

As mentioned I had my front wishbones tinkered with a few weeks back, so maybe the alignment isn't a prefect as it was before, causing the creaking.

• 4 weeks later...

The source of the creaking has been found. It was a bolt in the front wishbone that was loose and just needed tightening. Done.

its annoying when its something so simple! but a relief all the same i imagine, i have something that resembles this and i cant find anything for love nor money even on a ramp emoticon-0112-wondering.gif