Brakes slipping/skidding after ABS sensor changed

If an ABS error is triggering over a given road speed, it's highly likely that the computer is registering a different road speed on one wheel than on the others. Apologies if this is teaching my grandmother, but do you have one brand new and 3 well-worn tyres or the other way about?

Basically they're all part worn and worn around the same. The front left one is winter though but I doubt that would make any difference, it was fine on the old ABS sensor.

It still seems likely that the trigger is the ABS controller receiving different (and out of spec limits) speed signals from one corner. If it's not the tyres, the most likely reason for this is a damaged rotor ring on the corner you had the failed wheel bearing on.

Hello, is it possible to get just the ABS rings for this instead of a brand new hub?

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Octavia_1.8_2002/p/Car-Parts/Brakes/Brake-Friction/ABS-Ring/?417440360&1&2fd5907976206fe0e1353ea92a6798f8d8204191&ABRG

It says 'front rear', whatever that means...

The front abs ring is welded to the hub so it will be a new hub(flange) assembly req.I dont know about the rear ones,never had mine apart.

Just had a look at your link & my abs ring didnt look anything like that one! If you were to cut the old one off & weld a new one on you would have to get the abs ring perfectly central on the hub flange or you would have all sorts of problems & i would imagine the weld req to attach it to the hub would melt the abs ring in the picture.I wouldnt of thought a new hub & abs ring would be that expensive.

Hi, can someone let me know if it's the right one please.

The ABS problem is more important for me to fix right now then the grinding noise one. I'm just waiting for the garage who done the wheel bearing to get some time, then im gonna make them sort my ABS out.

If they carry on being busy i'll give it to another garage to fix and give them the bill.

Sorry i didnt get back to you on this,i only have access to my work pc at the moment & with it been a mod pc im limited to what a can view on the interenet,e bay not allowed! :giggle: Hopefully a your replacement hub should sort out your problems.

• 1 month later...