So.The VRS Estate Has Gone !

dfullb

My 20+ Year old Scott Mountain Bike :D

I resurrected it today .. New Seat, New handlebar grips, Few Cable's here & there, Quick soak of the Chain & dralier in Degreasent ;) Oh & fitment of a man Bag :giggle:

It's Gotta be quicker than my feet :D

Dean

post-39514-12825038241966_thumb.jpg

Edited by dfullb

Saddlesore springs too mindemoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Use my bike to see family at weekends, first few weeks were killers, thankfully got a bit easier, feel alot better for using it, you don't realise how out of shape you get over the years till you start doing something like this. Good luck and enjoyemoticon-0148-yes.gif

Retro, but cool, and oh so better than an unnecessary extra car :)

I remember paying what i thought was a fortune for it, Chrome alloy frame, Shimano GS200 Bits, Gel Seat :D I always knew there was a reason why i kept it !!! :giggle:

Cheers

Dean

Saddlesore springs too mindemoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Use my bike to see family at weekends, first few weeks were killers, thankfully got a bit easier, feel alot better for using it, you don't realise how out of shape you get over the years till you start doing something like this. Good luck and enjoyemoticon-0148-yes.gif

I know, Did a few Miles today & the Ole Legs & the Bit between your legs .. Well .. John Wayne Movie anyone :D

Going to use it for work journey's , so should save a few pennies & like you say, Either Kill ot Cure Me :giggle:

Cheers

Dean

He he - Just done the same (resurrected my old bike that is - not sold one of the cars... :rofl: ). It's an old Raliegh Pioneer Hybrid. Was the top-of-the-range one at the time, some 20 years ago (Reynolds Frame and Suntour MTB gear but 700C wheels etc.) and cost me a fortune (then!) straight out of uni but was used to attempot John-o'Groats to Lands End. Did 550 miles on it in a couple of weeks or so and then used it for commuting to work etc.

Took a bit to get it going again as it's been sat in the shed for 10 years (seized freewheel and X-Press gear changers plus knackered tyres and brakes) but, as you say, a bit of TLC and it's been fun again. Got out on it with my daughter recently and have also fitted a Hamax seat for my youngest and got another hybrid for SWMBO so more fun to come... :thumbup:

He he - Just done the same (resurrected my old bike that is - not sold one of the cars... :rofl: ). It's an old Raliegh Pioneer Hybrid. Was the top-of-the-range one at the time, some 20 years ago (Reynolds Frame and Suntour MTB gear but 700C wheels etc.) and cost me a fortune (then!) straight out of uni but was used to attempot John-o'Groats to Lands End. Did 550 miles on it in a couple of weeks or so and then used it for commuting to work etc.

Took a bit to get it going again as it's been sat in the shed for 10 years (seized freewheel and X-Press gear changers plus knackered tyres and brakes) but, as you say, a bit of TLC and it's been fun again. Got out on it with my daughter recently and have also fitted a Hamax seat for my youngest and got another hybrid for SWMBO so more fun to come... :thumbup:

Good going there, It does feel Kinda good bringing something back to life :thumbup:.

Thanks for the Typo :D

Dean