Fabia vRS lowered

Morg

Update with the car.

Since you all last saw it I've been busy, its had;

Whiteline RARB

Koni Dampers & Eibach Springs

Drilled & Grooved Discs (Front and rear)

Its also had its timing belt and water pump changed. I appreciate it may not be as low as some of you may like but the ride quality is to OEM standard and the handling has been changed dramatically.

25072010221.jpg

25072010224.jpg

25072010227.jpg

25072010225.jpg

And the bonus ball. I appreciate it is in the wrong section but I didnt think it justified a new topic. This is the vRS mk2 I drove at Simpsons Skoda, Preston. They let me out for 20 minutes alone which was great, allowed me to enjoy the car without any sales drivel.

30072010230.jpg

30072010232.jpg

30072010233.jpg

It is a completely different beast to the mk1. Power is very smooth and the car is very responsive. DSG gearbox is ace too. Its the 2nd mk2 VRS I have driven, so decided to do a few tests. With 1/2 tank of petrol and two 13-14 stone adults in the car we had 0-62 times of 6.5 and 6.8.

Whilst it does have a "fun factor" due to the super smooth box and chuckable handling, it justs feels like there is not enough power for it to be a worthwhile investment. Had it been fitted with a larger engine with a higher output I would be ordering one now. I would like an Octavia but think they are too big for my needs. Think I'm going to settle for a Volvo C30 T5 or perhaps a CTR.....(donning my flameproof suit :) )

Plus if you pop in to Simpsons I'm sure they won't mind you trying the car, friendly staff and not overly pushy about sales.

Edited by Morg