Columbus Voice Control / Phone Prep Question

I have a 2010 FL octaia vrs fitted with the Latest GSM Rsap phone kit and MFSW, this allows voice control tags, if I fit a Columbus will this also allow control of the columbus or does it need another mic or revised loom / coding?

I believe it will work as long as you have f/w 2660 or above on the columbus. I'm going to get one in a couple of weeks so hope it does!

Don't suppose you have VCDS do you?

You'll need to re-route the existing bluetooth microphone to the Columbus rather than the bluetooth kit, and all should work fine.

Mike

Really? Why would this be when the bluetooth integrates already with the Bolero? I juat have to press the volume button on the steering wheel to activate voice.

Found it.

You do indeed need to route the cable but it still needs to be wired to the bluetooth.

Option 2 – use the factory microphone that is used with the Skoda bluetooth kit

This routes the cable from the microphone to the RNS 510 (green highlighted connectors) and from the RNS 510 (purple highlighted connectors) to the bluetooth instead of it running from the microphone directely to the bluetooth unit.

Parts Required

* 2 x 000 979 009 (000979009) - Repair Wire 0.5mm

* 3m of microphone cable

o 2 core 14/.020 shielded cable (DRAKA DE FLRYWBYM 0.5-A+0.5-A is suitable) or

o RG174 with 2mm and 3mm heat shrink tubing.

o The 2 core cable is the easiest to connect you don’t need to heatshrink the shield and use it as the ground.

Cut the existing microphone cable around 5cm back from the Skoda bluetooth connector and route this to the rear of the RNS 510 along with one end of the microphone cable. The cable from the microphone is trimmed to the correct length and connected to the repair wire that has been cut into two. Keep the length of the repair wire as short as possible (under 5cm) to maintain the shielding. This cable connects to pins 1 and 7.

The new cable that you also have behind the RNS 510 is connected to repair wire cut in two and pins 4 and 9 and the other end after being trimmed is connected where you cut off the microphone cable at the Skoda bluetooth connector. Ensure you have the polarity correct!

Found it.

You do indeed need to route the cable but it still needs to be wired to the bluetooth.

Option 2 – use the factory microphone that is used with the Skoda bluetooth kit

This routes the cable from the microphone to the RNS 510 (green highlighted connectors) and from the RNS 510 (purple highlighted connectors) to the bluetooth instead of it running from the microphone directely to the bluetooth unit.

Parts Required

* 2 x 000 979 009 (000979009) - Repair Wire 0.5mm

* 3m of microphone cable

o 2 core 14/.020 shielded cable (DRAKA DE FLRYWBYM 0.5-A+0.5-A is suitable) or

o RG174 with 2mm and 3mm heat shrink tubing.

o The 2 core cable is the easiest to connect you don’t need to heatshrink the shield and use it as the ground.

Cut the existing microphone cable around 5cm back from the Skoda bluetooth connector and route this to the rear of the RNS 510 along with one end of the microphone cable. The cable from the microphone is trimmed to the correct length and connected to the repair wire that has been cut into two. Keep the length of the repair wire as short as possible (under 5cm) to maintain the shielding. This cable connects to pins 1 and 7.

The new cable that you also have behind the RNS 510 is connected to repair wire cut in two and pins 4 and 9 and the other end after being trimmed is connected where you cut off the microphone cable at the Skoda bluetooth connector. Ensure you have the polarity correct!

John,

thanks for that, but surely there is a factory fit for columbus and the telephone preparation together, would any coding be required ( Im going to have to get a hex-comn ew vag com lead my old one is now redundant!

• 4 months later...