Parrott Mk19200 Bluetooth Kit

As per title, has anyone with an Octavia fitted a Parrott Mk19200 at all? I want ipod and phone connectivity but don't know if these are any good.

Cheers,

Diggers

PS Mine's an 05 Octavia 2.0TDi 140

As per title, has anyone with an Octavia fitted a Parrott Mk19200 at all? I want ipod and phone connectivity but don't know if these are any good.

Cheers,

Diggers

PS Mine's an 05 Octavia 2.0TDi 140

I've got a Parrot MKi9100 (same as the 9200, except a two line screen) fitted in to my Octavia (came from my Renault Migraine), and it works well with a BlackBerry 9700 and an old iPod Nano (3rd Gen). I've also used it with an iPhone 3GS (note - it currently doesn't work with the iPhone 4, or anything running IOS4 - check the Parrot forum for more info)

TBH, I now use the Parrot kit for the hands free calling only, as my son now has the iPod (I use a SD card into my Bolero headunit for my music needs).

For the price (fitted) it does the job (and the software is upgradeable), but if money is no object I would probably get a MDI interface (if you want to connect an iPod) and a Fiscon Basic Plus Bluetooth kit.

Justin

Hi,

I have a Parrot MKi9200 in my 2001 Audi A3 and can't recommend it enough.

The call quality is fantastic (due to the noise cancelling mics) the voice dialling is simple an very effective and the abililty to play music from the iphone is just gravy.

100% recommend it.

Cheers,

Lou

I have the mki9200 in my Fabia and find it a wonderful gadget for both the audio and handsfree calling. The audio quality it not on par with that of the CD player, maybe this is down to the quality of my stored music files, but generally it's a good piece of kit, easy to install too, see my other thread on installation into a Fabia II.

I have the mki9200 in my Fabia and find it a wonderful gadget for both the audio and handsfree calling. The audio quality it not on par with that of the CD player, maybe this is down to the quality of my stored music files, but generally it's a good piece of kit, easy to install too, see my other thread on installation into a Fabia II.

Do you stream your music with bluetooth or via the cable? I find music quality over bluetooth not as good as when connected over USB.

Do you stream your music with bluetooth or via the cable? I find music quality over bluetooth not as good as when connected over USB.

I use the iPod connector as well as a 4GB memory card slotted in theside of the Parrot screen. I've tried bluetooth audio and it sounds OK, but it was from the demo files on my phone, so I can't comment for other, louder files that I would normally play.

I've recently fitted the MKi9200 into my Mk2 VRS, and in general I am pretty happy with the result - certainly a much nicer solution than having to fit two separate aftermarket systems to allow ipod music and bluetooth.

I fitted my screen centrally above the head unit, but had a bit of a dilema with the controller. The controller is small in footprint but quite deep and the buttons are very sensitive. I tried the supplied steering wheel mount but found it a pain because you would invariably hit a button when getting in anod out of the car or during sharp cornering. I ended up using the supplied sticky pad to place it behind the gear lever instead.

The sound quality from the Parrot kit is very good for phone use, but certainly not the best for MP3 music. The kit has its own amplifier to power the car's speakers so it overrides the car head unit when you press play or if a phone is in use. I've fiddled with the EQ settings but the sound is definitely not as good as an OEM system using the head unit. The Parrot kit does have an alternative line out that could be connected to the auxiliary input of the head unit (eg to replace the aux in socket in the jumbo box), but if you use this then you would loose the ability for the phone kit to override the head unit if you were listening to the radio or CD etc.

I wired up the mute wire to the mute pin on the head unit using part of a computer IDC connector - doesn't really add much when you are using a telemute kit to connect to the speakers but makes the head unit display 'Phone' when the kit is in use.

Chris

And for ref, the Parrot kit was approx £140 from eBay (Mki9200), then you will also need an iso adaptor for about £10 (PC000018AA)

I then used a fuse box piggy-back connector (Piggy Back Fuseholder) to tap off an ignition switched live, which was simple as there is a row of empty fuse holders in the fusebox with the ignition live on one pin. Note that although the iso adaptor and fuseholder have a bullet connector, unfortunately they were not the same size and I had to fit a smaller bullet to the iso adaptor wire. You will also need a blade fuse to go into fuseholder.

Chris