car phone bracket removal?

Do you have the OEM Skoda one that was fitted inside the armrest in the middle? If not then it's an aftermarket one so no idea what the wiring would be like for it :S

No its an aftermarket one thats been fitted to the side of the centre console!!!

No idea then, best to take the console apart (the surround pops out then you can unscrew things like the cubby hole and use stereo keys to pull the stereo H/U out) then trace the wires. I guess if one of them is a live wire then they're taking the live feed from somewhere like the back of the switches for the fuel flap, ASR etc.

I would pop the stereo out, and look at the back of the loom for that, as most handsfree kits pull their power from there, and may well have additional links into the loom for the speakers. Generally when using the car speakers there will be an extra box which allows the handsfree kit to drive the speakers and to pass on the mute/phone command to the HU.

In my car I have a Nokia H/F box which I pushed up behind the center console (from the passenger side, iirc, along with the mute control box. The wires were then threaded up towards the back of the HU and wired into the loom. That provided the power + ighnition feeds, the "mute" command to the HU, and the other bits and bobs to use the car speakers. Hopefully most of it will just unplug, and you may see a couple of a fused wires which are suppling power to the H/F fit. Anything wrapped in black insulation tape probably needs to come out :-)

My octy has this in it & i was going to take it out but then a friend showed me how to bluetooth my phone to it & i now have a hansfree kit for free! :)

I used to use a cradle on mine till some broke into the car and destroy half of my wiring. to$$er! So I now just bluetooth my phone to the car kit instead, the only downside is that I can't charge it - which was quiet handy.

I used to use a cradle on mine till some broke into the car and destroy half of my wiring. to$$er! So I now just bluetooth my phone to the car kit instead, the only downside is that I can't charge it - which was quiet handy.

My phone wont fit in my cradle,which is a shame as you say you cant charge up the phone,did think about hiding the cradle but never got round to it & the car is getting traded in on tues now anyway! :) Ive kinda got used to having the phone in the car to,replacement car doesnt have it so may have to shop around for a kit to be fitted.

How did he do that???

you need a kit which supports bluetooth! Sit in the car and turn your ignition on and then scan for BT device. Mine shows up as NokCarKit 7W or something like that.... pair to it with 0000 and your done. Do you have an external volume control/remote answer/cancel button?

you need a kit which supports bluetooth! Sit in the car and turn your ignition on and then scan for BT device. Mine shows up as NokCarKit 7W or something like that.... pair to it with 0000 and your done. Do you have an external volume control/remote answer/cancel button?

No just the cradle and the mic??

No just the cradle and the mic??

Try a BT scan from your mobile for audio devices, but my kit did not show up unless I plugged in the additional volume call answer/cancel button.

If no response, it might be worth a rummage around the back of the centre console to see if you can find the h/f unit (and a model number).

[twitter][/twitter]

This is what we did on mine too,i do have a external volume control/answer/cancel button though,its on the right of the gearstick on the centre console(its very small though so you may have one) :) it just looks like a silver button.